SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
aricisom
aricisom is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Wink

I don't care about any political or sociatle issues. I just want a low cost Segway. I believe that it could be possible without the world coming apart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aric Isom
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How-To - What-For - Why-So-Funny

Please visit:
aricisom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I see the people who want to outlaw Walmart as this kind of situation.
Quote:
I don't know who this remark is directed towards. I don't want to outlaw Wal-Mart. I just believe that the sweetness of buying low-priced imported products is short-term thinking. We are, quite literally, transferring our wealth and security to other countries at an amazing rate.

Wal-Mart is far from the only company that besieges retail with imported products. (In fact, it's often difficult to find products built in the USA.) Coupled with their questionable employee policies, Wal-Mart is just one of the most egregious examples, in my opinion.
In this cut and paste world, it can be difficult to realize that not everything we see in print is directed toward us individually. The person that remark was directed to was the person in the very next sentence. The post was clear if read without the presumption that everything written is about someone not named. In this case, the named and specific person of example was the Mayor of Boston.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
GadgetmanKen
GadgetmanKen will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Civicsman you said about the same thing about Apple. Lets boycott them and put them out of business, or something like that! lol

You'll take out out all the big players, one by one !

I work for Sam's club, which is a sister company of Walmart, you might just put me out of a job.

I do however agree with both of ya. I don't like how were treated here, but its hard for a guy my age n health to find other suitable work. The way I see it, people that shop at Walmart I think are mostly the poorer types and there are alot more poorer people on this planet, than the wealthy. But Walmart gets its share of political and environmental doggers trying to bring them down.

I also dont like how Walmart puts all the moms n pops out of business either. And how they think they can run all the different types of businesses better than those who have done it their whole lives and generations.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #14
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Civicsman you said about the same thing about Apple. Lets boycott them and put them out of business, or something like that!
um..."something like that", perhaps. I do not believe I said, or even implied, that Apple should be boycotted or put out of business. I did say that I believe that big, profitable companies should abide by a code of ethics and morality. Small ones too, for that matter.

For example, I'd like to see Wal-Mart, and Sam's Club, compensate their employees more fairly. Costco is able to do it, so it's not impossible. In Wal-Mart's case, the money just flows to owners, who are already multi-billionaires. Can anyone say "organized labor"?

Last edited by Civicsman; 03-20-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #15
aricisom

5 yr Member
Cool

[QUOTE=GadgetmanKen;220288]
I work for Sam's club, which is a sister company of Walmart, you might just put me out of a job.
QUOTE]

Not to take sides, but I believe that Sam's Club caters to the small business person, and retailers. This should is the opposite of what they are saying Walmart does. Sam's Club is good for the economy.

PS: If Walmart sold Segways more people would have them...

Aric Isom

Please visit:
Old 03-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #16
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Sam's Club DID sell Segways

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
aricisom

5 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
Sam's Club DID sell Segways
I said Walmart. That is because of them under cutting everyone else and focusing on the consumer as opposed to the retailer.

Aric Isom

Please visit:
Old 03-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #18
GadgetmanKen
GadgetmanKen will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Yeah Sam's did sell them, but not in my neck of the woods. They, I presume, made Segway a good offer and bought out the inventory of the the last white ones. I think they were the Gen II's . Even Best Buy was going to sell them on the west coast I believe, I don't know how well that went, tho.

Sam's club started out just catering to small businesses, but now anyone can buy a membership. The focus is now on upgrading the memberships to plus's, etc.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #19
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aricisom View Post
I said Walmart. That is because of them under cutting everyone else and focusing on the consumer as opposed to the retailer.

Actually, if I recall, Sams club sold them via internet, I am not so sure about from actual stores. Regardless of that, at the time there was a mighty flap because the price was significantly below retail and I believe below the price that many small segway dealers paid for their machines.

I suspect like most organizations, the more you buy, the better the price, and the same would be true for large dealerships as opposed to small ones, and perhaps the larger dealers did not have a problem with the price, I do not know...

I do seem to recall that the small dealers were unhappy with their inability to sell machines at that price, and therefore felt they were being edged out. Sounds fairly similar to what we have been talking about, expecially if the dealership happened to be owned by a man and wife with kids, making it a mom and pop shop...

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.

Last edited by KSagal; 03-20-2012 at 05:56 PM..
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
Can anyone say "organized labor"?
Great! Now let's try saying it without "Union Bosses", OK?

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote