SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up Segway Smiles - New UK Segway Authorised Tour

Hi all

I have been posting on SegwayChat for several years as a Segway enthusiast. In my time I have tried pretty much every Segway model available. From a v10 i167 and v12 e167, to the x2 and hopefully beyond.

I've recently signed up to become an Authorised Segway Tour and an Authorised Segway Dealer in the UK.

We're based up in the North West of England (Cheshire), and will start operating our first tour on the 1st of May 2010. There is lots to do between now and then but it's going to be fun - of that much I am sure.

The website is ready to go, with bookings now being accepted. We're starting small and hoping to grow in time. What we lack in size we will try to make up in personal attention and enthusiasm.

This is my first official announcement - although one or two members already know, as they have been particularly helpful (e.g., CovRob, Nickyboy and Rebooter).

So, welcome Segway Chat to Segway Smiles Limited:

http://www.segwaysmiles.com

(PS - as I have created the website myself - I would appreciate any comments you might have for areas that may need a little work - PM/Email or on here is fine - depending on the nature of the comment!).
Old 04-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Congratulations with your new company.

Personally I would love to see different pictures in the header, on the page with more info about the tour, it would be nice to have a picture related to that tour in the header.

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up

Hi Florin

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely try to add more photos to the site. As soon as the tours start rolling, I'll add some better images.

Thanks

Gareth
Old 04-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
Gyroman
Gyroman is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Congratulations!

Hey Gareth!

Good luck with your new venture. Just keep the machines low to the ground so they're not affected by the ash clouds!

Andy
Gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyroman View Post
Hey Gareth!

Good luck with your new venture. Just keep the machines low to the ground so they're not affected by the ash clouds!

Andy
Thanks, Andy! We'll avoid high altitude for now
Old 04-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Glad you've finally got there. I know there's been a lot of hard work behind the scenes. Just as one authorised tour operator closes another one opens.....

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
kailuahawaii
kailuahawaii is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default good luck

Good luck with your business. I know there is a lot of risk and work in setting up a new segway tour business. We have also just started operation in Kailua, Hawaii. I certainly wish you good luck in your business.
kailuahawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
segway tours uk