SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
ryanj0
ryanj0 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking What is Draft?

I was just wondering what Draft was? I may be completely wrong in this assumption but it seems to me that DRAFT is really not an organization but just segs4vets! It does seem like at one point this organization was doing their own stuff and making great strides. After looking at their web site I see nothing to imply they are more than this. It seems to me like the whole DRAFT organization does nothing above and beyond what average people do or could do. Other than segs4vets. Am I wrong in assuming that DRAFT is nothing more than segs4vets but with two names? On a side note if I am correct would it not be false to imply that the name be changed or combined so someone else can take the shoes of focusing on ALL classes of disabled? Don't get me wrong I'm not talking about donations, I'm talking about ANYTHING! I admit I may be wrong when it comes to this and someone may know more than me in this matter! I'm just looking for information. I wish to challenge the credibility of DRAFT. I also want to note that segs4vets is a great organization I am not trying to bring them down. But please someone let me know if my assumptions are correct and if not correct them. I'm just looking for an explanation from both those active in draft and those not because if we just get one category it will be biased and this thread will be pointless. Thanks and have a great day.

Jeremy Ryan
Old 12-20-2007, 12:34 AM   #2
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Jeremy,

1. Your post belongs on the DRAFT site, not here.

2. DRAFT does much much more than Segs4Vets. I'd recommend a tad bit more research before you state ""I wish to challenge the credibility of DRAFT"

3. Even if DRAFT only did was the Seg4Vets program it would be worlds ahead of what others have done to make the Segway a mobility tool for all.

My recommendation? Duck now and stay low, the flames are likely coming your way.

Steven
Old 12-20-2007, 12:36 AM   #3
ryanj0

5 yr Member
Talking

And I must note out of utmost seriousness I do not mean to offend anyone I just want some answers! I apologize in advance for anyone offended, however on a separate not some will be offended no matter what I say!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:40 AM   #4
ryanj0

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Seg View Post
Jeremy,

1. Your post belongs on the DRAFT site, not here.

2. DRAFT does much much more than Segs4Vets. I'd recommend a tad bit more research before you state ""I wish to challenge the credibility of DRAFT"

3. Even if DRAFT only did was the Seg4Vets program it would be worlds ahead of what others have done to make the Segway a mobility tool for all.

My recommendation? Duck now and stay low, the flames are likely coming your way.

Steven
I would like to post on the DRAFT site and have several times but unfortunately they always boot my questions and refuse to respond to my e-mails. Is this because they don't know the answer? I agree with point 3 however if that were true they should consider a change of name nonetheless. If they would just answer my dang question I would stop it there I am just looking for recent examples of what just segs4vets has done outside of individuals. Thanks.

Jeremy Ryan
Old 12-20-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Jeremy,

Your presentation here is a bit hostile, and not on target.

As a newcommer to any place, it is easy to see the most recent, or the most noticed thing as a label and call it that... As you spend more time in this community, you will find more information.

Draft has been around for a long time, and done many things, and has many irons in the fire at the same time.

There is currently a suit going on at DIsney, as an instance, that has nothing to do with Seg4Vets, that I know of.

I am surely not in the know enough to attempt to represent DRAFT, but I do know when they are inappropriately characterized.

You have expressed many times that you are stuck on your side of the tracks, or your side of the river. You also have expressed that you want to get to the side of the river that includes a seg for you, and access to places with that seg. If segways are not seen as a reasonable mobility option, and is therefore restricted, you will need allies in fighting those battles. It seems that you are trying to get accross that proverbial river by burning every bridge you find.

While that may work for you, there just might be a better plan. Look for what works for you, but also realize what might work well for others whom you may want as allies later...

I am not necessarily a good one to take advice from about burning bridges. I have been rebuffed here often, and attacked more with the blessings and endorsement of many here for my acerbic presentation. I am in the postiion of saying that you should do what I say, and not what I do...

In short, and very late, Draft is far more than just segs4vets and you will see that given time...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:58 AM   #6
ryanj0

5 yr Member
Talking

I will take your word for it Karl but do you at least see where I'm coming from? Would it not be easy to see it as just segs4vets? Is it not safe to say when you send several e-mails and ask for a response and get none you assume there is none to get? I just tell it how I see it and will take your word that eventually I will see it in a different light. But please more info/examples would be much appreciated. I'll be the first one to admit I could quite possibly be mislead here and if so I truly apologize however my intention was not to criticize draft yet get answers to questions that have been yearning at me!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:09 AM   #7
Nelda
Nelda is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default enough.

Again, Karl to the rescue!
The best part of the starting post is:
"this thread will be pointless"

and so it is.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:13 AM   #8
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

First off, having good press, and vets in the oval office using segways as mobility devices will go a very long way toward having a local board of selectmen be able to accept segs as mobility devices more than any other example I have ever heard of.

Don't just dismiss the Disney thing. Do some reasearch, for good or bad, that will be a very big thing.

I know the principals of Draft, they are very fine people, and you are out of your league to be demanding an explanation from them.

I understand you may be impatient, but that does not mean that people all over have the time or inclination to answer all your questions on your own timeframe, especially when the information is there for your own research to find...

Check out the Disney thing. DO the research yourself, then you may feel better backing off this track. DO some research on the trip they took to Yellowstone and how they made great inroads to having segways accepted on federal parks and reserves. There is much more, but I will not attempt to defend them again. Their accolades are many and easy to find, if you look.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:14 AM   #9
ryanj0

5 yr Member
Talking

I would expect nothing less from you Nelda once again bias but I must say as frequent as you are to Draft chat you should be able to answer my question. Instead of criticizing my thread why don't you man up and actually explain it because it was people like you who should know answers denying them that caused me to form my opinion anyway so enlighten me please!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:20 AM   #10
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Jeremy,

Give it up. As Karl said you come across very antagonistic and attacking Nelda isn't helping your cause.

Again, I encourage you to do a lot more research (Google DRAFT+Segway) and learn for yourself what DRAFT is doing.

Nelda is right, this thread is pointless and you are not doing yourself any good.

Steven
Closed Thread