SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:22 AM   #21
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Post My thoughts

Is that Jeremy, emailed draft with his story, expecting they would give him a segway.
and since they have not responded, he is venting.

Just my take on the matter

Jonathan
Old 12-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #22
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

At some point in most people's lives, they learn that there are better things to go fishing with than a sledge hammer. I am sure that our young friend will learn this as well.

Till then, this will just lead to the rich fabric of our lives.

To Jeremy I might suggest that you do your best to differentiate between what answers are owed to you, and what answers you would like to know.

You used the analogy of going into court unprepared or uncommunicative. This may seem appropriate to you, but you are hardly the court or judge of private individuals who volunteer large amounts of their time for their cause. They do not owe you an answer, even though you would like one.

If you present yourself as some sort of authority figure who must be answered, you set yourself up to also judge people on that response. If others do not recognise your authority, then they may just be wrong or guilty, or simply busy.

I know that if the police or the court system came into my world and demanded answers, I would have a very different reaction than if a private individual whom I do not know, did the same.

I see you as a young guy struggling to make your way. I do wish you luck. I also wish you the insight to see your own most productive path to this end. Tenacity is a good thing. I might suggest you try not to bludeon with it, however...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #23
fredkap
fredkap will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Jon,

After two weeks of requesting a Segway from this site, he was locked out for too many repetitive posts by the moderators of this site.

DRAFT's Segs4Vets program is for veterans that received severe injuries from OIF and OEF (Iraq and Afghnistan). Our fiduciary responsibility to our donors is to not divert the donors funds to a different cause.

The number of potential users of a Segway as a mobility device for all mobility issues is at least 10 times the number of Segways sold to date and that is an extremely conservative number.

When this individual started posting repetitive posts on the DRAFT site after it was well known that he had been locked out of one of his threads on this site, it was dealt with.

Fred

Last edited by fredkap; 12-20-2007 at 08:56 AM..
Old 12-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #24
ryanj0
ryanj0 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredkap View Post
Jon,

After two weeks of requesting a Segway from this site, he was locked out for too many repetitive posts by the moderators of this site.

DRAFT's Segs4Vets program is for veterans that received severe injuries from OIF and OEF (Iraq and Afghnistan). Our fiduciary responsibility to our donors is to not divert the donors funds to a different cause.

The number of potential users of a Segway as a mobility device for all mobility issues is at least 10 times the number of Segways sold to date and that is an extremely conservative number.

When this individual started posting repetitive posts on the DRAFT site after it was well known that he had been locked out of one of his threads on this site, it was dealt with.

Fred
That's news to me as to the reason I was kicked out but I only recall 2 posts directly regarding the nature on DRAFT chat so surely you're mistaken fred when you say it was for too many repetitive threads or posts because in my opinion 2 is not too many. I think you need to get tour facts straight before speaking. Some may say the same about me and this thread however I said nothing as fact I just asked questions. I can also assure you that John here had seen the threads and posts at his fullest here long before he got the call from Jim Wang. So unfortunately your post, fred, was obviously made to discredit me not inform as it contains no fact.

Jeremy Ryan
Old 12-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #25
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanj0 View Post
Not really a consensus. I will tell you however what did end up happening.
Your version of things, mind you.

Quote:
My uncle found out about my condition and advised me that although he did not have enough money to get me a Segway or a car (also need one of those to get to work and around) he would donate some electronics that he had in his store! So he ended up giving me a Plasma TV and a home theater system advising me to try to get something from those to buy a Segway and car. So I posted them on craigslist for trade or cash or both. I also went looking for the items I needed in the barter section. I e-mailed this guy to trade the system for one of his junker cars and apparently I reminded him of someone he did business with in the past and I guess it went sour....
What made the deal go sour? Was it your tactics, something you tried to do, or just a personality clash?

Quote:
He called John ...
And you know this how?

Quote:
...and John shut me down not at all due to policy but because he believed this guy's word without asking me for an explanation. Either John or this guy contacted draft as well...
Again, you know this how?

Quote:
...and they one sidedly deleted my post as well along with every subsequent post. This man (he was from Chicago) was very rude. His name was Jim Wang! Either way once again I was falsely accused and unfortunately some people feed into that. ...
The problem, as I see it, is that you get falsely accused all the time. Have you ever thought that maybe there is a pattern there?

Quote:
...But either way it had nothing to do with the reasons stated. John viewed my post several times, I watched him do it in the who's online feature and never shut it down. Then the same day this guy tells me he called the "SC President" as he says it gets shut down. Then my draft post gets shut down for the same reason. Hardly a consensus. ...
It is a consensus. Two site admins has a problem with your post / actions and chose to delete the posts. That is a 100% consensus and they were well within their rights.

Quote:
...But yes I am bitter and I'll admit it I think anyone would be if they were shown the disrespect I have been shown but I must keep going. ...
What disrespect. They did what they thought appropriate for this board. If there has been any disrespect shown it is how you have attacked DRAFT, attacked members of this board (Nelda being the most recent), and refused to admit that maybe there is something you can do to "clean up your act".

Quote:
...Third I just wanted to explain my pics. My profie pic is of me and my avatar pic is my dog. I find maybe the best solution for a disabled man is a loving dog! With that I am heading to bed I have work in 6 hours. You all have a good night and I look forward to speaking more with you tomorrow. Thanks and have a great night.

Jeremy Ryan
Don't be bitter. Enjoy your day and try to understand why folks are feeling a little put out with you.

Think about it and I'm sure you will see where folks are coming from!

Steven
Old 12-20-2007, 11:28 AM   #26
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Jeremy, if you need information, you have google. This isn't your Livejournal. This isn't the place to come whining about how admins on a completely different site treated you. Other than your legs, do you have any other disabilities? Like Aspergers Syndrome? Use the google if you don't understand. Peace.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #27
ryanj0

5 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Seg View Post
Your version of things, mind you.

What made the deal go sour? Was it your tactics, something you tried to do, or just a personality clash?

And you know this how?

Again, you know this how?

The problem, as I see it, is that you get falsely accused all the time. Have you ever thought that maybe there is a pattern there?

It is a consensus. Two site admins has a problem with your post / actions and chose to delete the posts. That is a 100% consensus and they were well within their rights.

What disrespect. They did what they thought appropriate for this board. If there has been any disrespect shown it is how you have attacked DRAFT, attacked members of this board (Nelda being the most recent), and refused to admit that maybe there is something you can do to "clean up your act".

Don't be bitter. Enjoy your day and try to understand why folks are feeling a little put out with you.

Think about it and I'm sure you will see where folks are coming from!

Steven
Yes desert that is my version of things but the other way around is nothing more than their version of things. And I don't know what made the deal go sour I reminded him of a man who he had a deal than went sour with him. He was thinking I was some guy named SGT. Schrader from Chicago. Given as I am not that guy I cannot explain how it went sour. This man told me specifically he called John. What are my chances that it's just coincidence that this guy claims to call John and the next time John logs on he closes my thread? Well I think the reason I get falsely accused is that I ask too much and sometimes come off the wrong way. I came into this expecting to be accused of fraud, however I was expecting to be given a chance to prove I was not a fraud! This forum allowed me to prove that DRAFT did not. The reason I am falsely accused is simply the nature of what I am asking and I've come to terms with that. And you are right it is a consensus two site admins have a problem with the phone call they received. And I do thank John because when he first locked the thread he called me a fraud (also giving me reason to believe it was because of the call), but after pming him he did have the insight to remove that statement. And no I did not attack draft I just wanted answers and failed to get them until tarkus stepped in. My approach was a bit offensive and I do apologize for that. I should have approached this matter a different way. And I do not feel I have attacked Nelda, it was rude of Nelda to post that my thread was pointless I was just offering a defense. When someone strikes me I strike back. I have in no way gone anywhere near the attacks I received in the beginning of my first thread. And I do understand why people are upset and it's my fault. My approach was entirely wrong and I see that and yes I do apologize.

Jeremy Ryan
Old 12-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #28
ryanj0

5 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphish View Post
Jeremy, if you need information, you have google. This isn't your Livejournal. This isn't the place to come whining about how admins on a completely different site treated you. Other than your legs, do you have any other disabilities? Like Aspergers Syndrome? Use the google if you don't understand. Peace.
Google had a lack of information I did try it. As I sorted through 6 pages if info I found very little. And I was talking about the admins of that site as they relate to the ones here. And yes I do have other disabilities. I have severe Scoliosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, severe Prolonged QT Syndrome, Acid Reflux Disease, and air trapping in my lungs.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #29
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Okay, this back and forth can either go on ad nauseum, or it can stop and we can begin to have constructive conversations again.

I hope that RyanJo will see that for the most part, SegChatters truly care and want to help others, and, as hellphish has pointed out, these forums are unlike many other run-of-the-mill online forums where flaming and devisiveness run rampant.

I hope that the message has been delivered that people can and will notice tone and mood, and sometimes a newcomer into the community may want to lurk before posting so he/she has more than just cursory information about a topic, or has an understanding of how things are carried out.

-Sal
Closed Thread