SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercat View Post
I think you meant Yugo (as in, "You Go, It Doesn't." )

Regardless of the merits of the Robin (and I agree - the clearance is just too low), I have little respect for products which try to trade off the names of others. In this case, the OP's signature link is to a page with the URL "SegwaysForSale." The first line of the page says, "Are you looking for Segways for sale? Were not trying to mislead you by getting you to this page." Well, yes, that's exactly what you're trying to do. It's the same deceptive tactic used in a lot of ebay listing titles. If you want to title your URL "SegwayAlternative," then no harm, no foul. But "SegwaysForSale", then you're simply misleading people to get them to your site.

Once I question the integrity of the seller, I have to question the quality of the product.
You do make a great point. If you got me in front of you to try to sell me this thing or that with a Lie, then why would I guess that the claims you make about the product are not lies as well?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #12
RobinM1
Account Suspended
RobinM1 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
You do make a great point. If you got me in front of you to try to sell me this thing or that with a Lie, then why would I guess that the claims you make about the product are not lies as well?
The product sells itself, we will be the first to admit we are not salesman. You cant say something isnt true unless you know for sure. Your Assuming......breat up the word.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #13
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

They must have it crammed pretty tight to fit the battery, gyros and the electronics in that package. I once went to a school board in our small town. We were discussing the cost of education. I told them that we were paying for a Cadillac and getting a Yogo. I was not very popular. I reach for the tact of Karl, my reason for reading this forum.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacoy View Post
They must have it crammed pretty tight to fit the battery, gyros and the electronics in that package. I once went to a school board in our small town. We were discussing the cost of education. I told them that we were paying for a Cadillac and getting a Yogo. I was not very popular. I reach for the tact of Karl, my reason for reading this forum.
Ha Ha! I cannot think of a better example of a man who has set the bar very, very low!

I find it difficult to imagine anyone using my level of tact, which is often inverted, as some sort of objective to reach for. I am far more familiar with people trying to distance themselves from my decisions.

Your example is a great one, however. I too have gotten involved locally, even to the point of running for a seat on the school board, because I have found that most public education organizations will take any and all problems, and see the only possible solution is to throw money at it. Would not be such a problem, but it is our tax money they are using to fix any and all problems. Truly a situation where we pay over and over for the Cadillac and barely get the Yugo. I believe that frequently we pay for a fleet of caddies and get one out of tune Yugo, often with that little doughnut of a spare instead of a tire...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #15
RobinM1
Account Suspended

5 yr Member

The Robins almost made it to QVC. We recently sold a Robin M1 to Aaron Krauss ( the scrub daddy king from QVC ) he was featured on the network show SHARKS, and he's currently doing the scrub daddy thing on qvc now, if you can find the episode on the internet aaron cut a deal with lorie ( qvc shark ) to get the scrub daddys on qvc and to help with promotions. Aaron himself does the acting so to speak on qvc for the scrub daddys, so thats aaron your looking at when you see the qvc videos.

Aaron bought a Robin M1 from us and was absolutely thrilled with the Robin, he was thrilled so much in fact that he came to us for negotiations on selling the robin M1 on qvc. ( We have his blessings to use him as a reference ) We didnt come to a deal as he said it was just to much for him to handle at the moment with all that he had going on, and that qvc could be very tricky.

Aaron said he he loved the robin and would recommend us to all his friends, and that maybe one day in the future we might could resume negotiations, ( he acts like he really wants to do the Robins on QVC he's just got to much going on and it would take up to much of his time. )

Robstep offered Aaron and us exclusive wholesale rights to wholesale the Robins in the usa. The deal is still open for negotiations, so anybody who's interested can contact us and we can discuss the Options for the Robin. This kind of deal can make someone very very wealthy as the Robins havent caught on yet in the usa. Obviously we want a small piece of the pie for our efforts.

All negotiations will need to go through us as we have been given permission by Robstep to negotiate on there behalf. Any attempt to cut us out of the deal so to speak, would only help us in the end anyway, so it's better to work with us than to try and be sneaky and cut us out. We are in the Robins deep and it would be crazy to not negotiate with us, as any advertising would directly benefit us in the end, not to mention you will not get as good a deal unless you go through us.

We can get the best deal possible with The Robin M1 from Robstep as we have become very close with several of the Executives.

We know robsteps bottom line, no BS, cant go any lower wholesale number. ( very privy info ) Not to many people know this number and we cant discuss it either unless you are a serious investor willing to buy at least 150 pieces.

To help the Robins get a foot hold in the usa market, we can offer promo codes to business owners where if they refer a buying customer to us we pay them a fee, via paypal after the customer has paid and received there Robin m1. Contact us for details at ( info@roboscooters.com ) This is for business owners only and not offered to the general public.

Last edited by RobinM1; 06-21-2013 at 12:43 PM..
Old 06-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #16
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Are you willing to indemnify us against legal action from Segway?

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
RobinM1
Account Suspended

5 yr Member

Just like a car is a car, a truck is a truck, etc etc. There is no other way to descirbe the Robin m1 except to call it a segway style. There are all kinds of trucks,....ford, chevy, etc etc. Just like there are all kinds of cars...nissan, toyota, etc. etc

The robin M1 is not associated in any form with the segway. The robin m1 is a segway style Balancing Scooter. So there should be no need to indemnify legal action with the segway, as the two are totally different products, but with similar functions.

Ford cant sue Toyota cause the toyota says we have a Toyota ( truck ) a ford truck is also a (truck.) they both are vehicles, just made by different manufacturers, both use either Truck, Car, Suv, or Mini Van to describe there vehicle, the same way we use segway to describe the Robin....The Robin m1 is a Segway Style Alternative, not a segway.

Last edited by RobinM1; 06-21-2013 at 12:57 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #18
infinitronics
infinitronics is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Wait for it....

You're*

(in the 'tagline' for RobinM1)
Old 06-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #19
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinM1 View Post
Just like a car is a car, a truck is a truck, etc etc. There is no other way to descirbe the Robin m1 except to call it a segway style.
Sorry, but I'm callin' BS on that. Toyota doesn't call their trucks "Ford style vehicles", they use a generic term like truck. Olympus doesn't call their cameras "Nikon style photographic devices", they call them cameras. You should not be calling the Robin M1 a "Segway style" anything because it's just a non-tandem, 2-wheeled scooter, or EPAMD, or any other generic term.

Your website and promotional slight-of-hand is despicable and deceptive. And I don't know why the SegwayChat website administration/owners are allowing you to promote your device on a Segway forum. Talk about it, sure, but you are giving a sales spiel.

Just my opinion.

Jim
Old 06-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #20
RobinM1
Account Suspended

5 yr Member

Here are your words, word for word ((( "NIKON style photographic devices", they call them CAMERAS. ))) YOU MADE MY POINT WITH YOUR OWN WORDS////////// You cant describe a segway scooter without using the word segway, ...... SEGWAY HAS BECOME NOT JUST A NAME BRAND BUT A UNIVERSAL UNDERSTANDING OF A DEVICE

All truck are call trucks, all cars are called cars. You smell BS, I smell someone who doesn't want the Robins around. And this post is posted in the non segway related catagory. The robin is a segway style personal transporter, there is no other way to describe it. Just like a truck is a truck, a tv is a tv, a microwave is a microwave........Can you describe a microwave to someone without using the word microwave? Can you tell someone to watch tv without using the word? How many different manufacturers of microwaves and tv's do you know?

And ok,,,,,lets go with cameras since you used that example. You ask someone..... Take a picture with my Olympus, ( camera ) unless they know you had an olympus camera, if you asked that question to someone they'd be clueless as to what you wanted, unless YOU said, hand me my OLYMPUS CAMERA or CAMERA, there are tons of different cameras, but all cameras take pictures.

And we are not beind deceptive, the link in this forum plainly says " Segway Alternative ", and speaking of which we are currently looking for a segway dealer to add the segways to our page, we are not against the segway, we love the segways also, but see nothing wrong with a little diversity in the market, and the people who fear change are the people who are stuck in the past.

Were not Promoting the Robin Here either like you make it to sound, Were trying to put the word out and let people know there is another option now, and that segway cant have the entire world market anymore.

Last edited by RobinM1; 06-22-2013 at 07:20 AM..

Tags
cheap segway, segway, segway alternative, segways for sale