SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 12-25-2005, 01:19 AM   #21
motorhead
motorhead

5 yr Member

Red i180 received last week !!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:53 AM   #22
Poochini
Poochini

5 yr Member

My husband I were gifted with two Segways. Since we live in San Francisco, the unfriendliest town in America toward Segways, we will have to gradually see how much we can Segway around. I hope to use it for short distances that don't include a lot of steep hills--to go to the market where parking is impossible, to the vet's office where parking is impossible, to a friend's home where parking is impossible, a favorite restaurant where parking is impossible, etc. I was diagnosed with epilepsy last year and had my driver's license automatically revoked. Although I have my license restored, it's nice not having to depend on others to drive me. So far, we've just been having a blast gliding along the waterfront in Sausalito.

Poochini

"One small glide for man, one big glide for mankind."
Old 12-26-2005, 10:06 PM   #23
Pounce
Pounce

5 yr Member

Hello all, I live in St. Petersburg, Flordia.... it is about 8pm 12/26/2005....I just received my Segway for christmas- 12/25/2005. We purchased my husband's segway about 4 months ago and now, I have mine... yellow I180 which I have enjoyed since I received this. Thanks to Jared at Segway dealership- in Ohio- for his hand in this masterminded secret. I have been up and down the trail, found spots to shops, found shops and definitely have turned some heads!!!! I have enjoyed riding with my husband- also known as blingbling and look forward to many days ahead! Still a newbie, but I am looking forward to becoming one with the Segway!
Thank you Jared
love you Blingbling!

Pounce

Pounce
Old 12-27-2005, 01:31 PM   #24
manuelmenzella
manuelmenzella

5 yr Member

Proud owner of a SEGWAY XT!!! I am 14 years old and I live in Argentina. I was going to buy a Segway i180 Yellow, but when i saw the XT, I changed my mind: streets are really in bad shape here so i need BIG wheels! ) Anyway I love my HT, it was the best gift i have ever had!!!

Manuel Menzella
Old 12-27-2005, 01:34 PM   #25
manuelmenzella
manuelmenzella

5 yr Member

I am 14 and I am from argentina. I own a segway XT!!! It is great. ) I was going to buy a SEGWAY i180 yellow, but as the streets are in really bad shape, i decided that the XT was better. Good gliding to everyone!!!

Manuel Menzella
Old 01-18-2006, 03:49 AM   #26
CCoops1984
CCoops1984

5 yr Member

place your SegwayChat name, city/state, date/time (include time zone) and print number (date/time of return confirmation email from Amazon.com) of purchase, a quick quote how you will be using/riding your Segway,

Hello from new Segway owner.
SegwayChat name: CCoops1984
Monterey, CA
Purchased a blue i80 on 29 December from Segway of Oakland (great folks!)

I am using my Segway to commute to/from work (2.5 miles one-way) and to run errands. Monterey is VERY Segway friendly.

Great to be a part of the club.
Happy gliding.

Student of Life
Old 01-18-2006, 10:58 PM   #27
Georgem
Georgem is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

I purchased an XT from Segways of Amelia on Amelia Island, FL. They run a rental and safari service at an upscale resort. The young lady who handles Segway is very nice and pleasant, but I waited well over a month for my machine, and did not get a GPS bonus, as mine was not a participating dealer.

We recently took it with instead of my mobility scooter to an appointment at the hospital. We experienced no negativity anywhere, despite my XT's rather brutal appearance.

I bought the XT expressly to be able to accompany my spouse on walks along the beach and it works very well for that. The Segway has to be one of the coolest things I have ever had the privilege of operating. I shall ride mine as long as I can stand, and then I shall have to get creative. Unlike others, I have already tried gliding sitting down (works), kneeling (works), hunkering (works), and leaning way over the handlebars. I have ALS and cannot stand for more than an hour without rest.

But enough about me. What do YOU think of my Segway?

Georgem
Old 01-19-2006, 06:57 AM   #28
mikey
mikey is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

hiya,im Michael im 12 (allmost 13) and i live and New Zealand i hav a disability an i use the segway 2 go 2 school beach etc (i have an HT i180 midnight blue with a set of offroad tires and road tires) iv been useing it for about 6 or 7 months but it still feels new
im looking forward to getting a segseat but they havent come out yet haha damn an im putting some lights (bling bling) on my wheels...yea!!!!!!!!!! the segways been a great and fun tool for me mentaly and phisically(sorry im not to good at spelling hehe...please chat to me people! my user name is mikey! i dont bite....cya!

michaelmatthews
Old 02-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #29
Atin
Atin

5 yr Member

Hi,
Im Corey from Clarksville, TN.
Got my 180HT last Friday and feel like a changed person.
I suffer from MS and have been in a wheel chair for 65% of my time...
In just the few days after I got my HT I went for a ride down the street, to the mailbox etc.. It is like being able to walk again with out falling over (unless I do something stupid)
As to myself.
Well Im a published author, or atleast that is what my publisher tells me. I write Theoligical Fiction and Horror.
My most recent book "Bloody Mary" has been optioned for a movie and word in the grape vine is they will begin filming next summer.
Im a single father, but by choice. I used a surrogate to have a wonderful baby boy (he is my natural son) and he is about to celebrate his 3rd Birthday.
Im an avid Star Wars fan and have the 3rd largest collection of SW memorbilla.
I build Star Wars armor and props and belong to a world wide organization known as the 501st Stormtrooper Legion. We all build SW stuff and participate and organize charity events for Lucas Film.
The charity work was another big factor in my purchasing an HT. We do a lot of parades during the year and until now I either had to ride in a car or just sit out the parade. Now come St Pats day I will be right along side my friends in the parade.
We are building a front for my HT that will look like a thing called a STAP from Episode 1 in Star Wars. It was the hover style standing vehicle the droids used in the battles.
Also, please excuse my spelling and grammer.. I dont have an editor on hand to make the corrections for me *LOL*
I also am an avid traveler. I have been to almost every corner of the world and since my son being born he has traveled with me and to this date has over 350,000 miles under his belt.
In my travels I have a strange hobby of studying Hiroglyphs and ancient writings. So I do a lot of travel to the Yucatan each year just to study the ancient culture..
Sorry I have rambled, but thats me, once I start talking I seem to not be able to find the shut off valve...

Atin Miller
501st Southern Outpost Star Wars Stormtrooper Legion
http://highlandcitadel.com/501stso/
Old 02-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #30
ostinsfriend
ostinsfriend

5 yr Member

New Red Flare i180 owner in Mississippi. Purchased the unit from Segway of Annapolis - (You're awesome Dick!!!). I travel for a living, so I intend on taking my segway with me to some of the long term projects. Look out Denver....
Closed Thread