SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #1
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default BookofSeg Videos

From Phillip Torrone:

http://www.segwaychat.com/bookofseg/
Old 03-26-2008, 03:14 AM   #2
Neelix
Neelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

This is a major piece of history, right here, and I'm not sure that some of the new members of our community know it.

I remember being a 14 year old kid, completely enraptured by Phil's videos. I would watch and imagine what it felt like to actually ride one. I would watch and try to memorize every sleek line of the fenders and the swoop of the handlebars. I would watch and drink in all of the details about what it was like to own one, so that I would be prepared for that day when I had mine.

Now, the Segway PT is more of an everyday tool for me than an object of intense fascination. But watching these videos again brought me back to a time when I didn't know what it felt like to be so in-tune with a piece of machinery that it felt like a part of my body, and the excitement and envigoration that that state of anticipation brought.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Neelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Yeah, I thought I had put up an announcement when I did this a few months ago, but I couldn't find it, so I must've forgot.

These were the very *first* videos (definitely before YouTube!) of an owner with his Segway. The accompanying website was a great resource and wealth of information at the time (2003-2004).

Phillip has moved on to doing other great things, at MAKE magazine.

John
Old 08-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
wnkinc
Account Suspended
wnkinc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Yeah, I thought I had put up an announcement when I did this a few months ago, but I couldn't find it, so I must've forgot.

Phillip has moved on to doing other great things, at MAKE magazine.

John

looks like seattle?
wnkinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkinc View Post
looks like seattle?
Yes, Seattle.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote