SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
dl1955
dl1955 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Washing a Segway.. FUNNY! :)

dl1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

My name is Gihgehls and I endorse this video.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
energetic
energetic is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Although it may look funny, I would never do that on my Segway. It is not waterproof and I remember also a story about some trouble with water and batteries. But in this case, a significant amount of water can easily enter in the power base that may cause trouble. However, I really loved the "clear my head" part of the video.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Proud Member of
energetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Who dares, wins.

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Old 07-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Actually, this isn't as bad for the Segway as it looks. The spray is coming from the sides.

Water does not easily enter the powerbase. I believe the easiest path for entry is from the bottom, via the screws that hold the battery in place.

I'm not saying I would do this, and I did rather expect the point of the video to be some sort of "hilarious" failure, but after I watched it for a moment and observed, I realized that was unlikely.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
Gihgehls

5 yr Member

Segway released a video of them doing their water testing on PT bases and it looks alot like this but supposedly goes on for much longer. If everything is put together properly, spraying water cannot harm the PT. Submersion... that's a different story.