SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2007, 05:28 AM   #11
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanj0 View Post
You have a very good point with re-enlistment. The truth is that in some circumstances and many at that troops are FORCED to re-enlist. In others it is voluntary. Also just like the terror threat levels the re-enlistment levels are told to us by the government which right now I doubt the credibility. The answer to your comment on morals is that many soldiers are not exposed in the prison setting or exposed to the ethically wrong documents out there. I don't claim to know everything either but I do know this Bush signed a letter that is shown to many of those guarding prisons stating that torture is suggested for interrogation. I do know that you can't trust the government. I also know you are very open minded Karl and will certainly consider all points of view. The facts are clear so for the democrats we need open minded people in this election because we need to win by enough that faulty machinery and cheating cannot deem republicans victorious.

Jeremy Ryan
I find it funny that people use hearsay to condemn the President.

- The rumor of forced re-enlistments is just that, a rumor. Yes, there is a "stop loss" program but it only applies to Army personnel who are currently in Iraq in support of OIF or in Afghanistan in support of OEF and extends for no more than 90 days after their unit gets back from their tour of duty in those theaters. In effect, the stop-loss program will extend your enlistment by nor more than 1 year and affects between 4,000 and 5,000 Soldiers a year.

- The rumor of the signed document is just that, a rumor. If there were such a signed document it would have been subpoenaed by Congress by now and we would all have seen it. You say you don't claim to know everything but then you put that comment out there as fact.

- You trust who you want to trust. I do trust the government although I may not believe everything that is said to me.

- The legacy of "cheating" and "faulty machines" is nothing new in politics, just go back to the old days in Chicago when the Democrats (Daley) allowed dead people to vote, or Tammany Hall days in NY, or any of the countless electoral process in any of the countless towns and cities across the country. Ultimately parties win because the system we have in place, you place your vote, the votes are all counted, and a winner is announced (yes, in some cases the Electoral College picks the winner). The key here is to vote 'cause if you don't you have no right to bitch.

I man not agree with everything that is happening but I know that those whom I helped elect (just by the simple act of voting) do have the best interests of this country at heart. The joy of living in a democratic nation is simple, we all get to disagree about the actions taken but we had the pleasure of putting those people in office!

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote