SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
Maja
New Member
Maja is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dubrovnik
Posts: 1
5 yr Member
Default Hotel in Zagreb that offers Segway tour

Hi guys,

I booked the hotel in Zagreb (Croatia) for a few days this summer and on the internet page I saw they offer Segway tour through city. I'm wondering do you recommend this kind of tour. Do you think their Segway is safe? Any experiences on this kind of rentals?

Thanks a lot!
Maja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of
 
KSagal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pelham, NH, USA.
Posts: 10,356
5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default

Maja,

Segway tours are a great way to see a city. I do not know that tour personally, but have been on many great tours, and know many fun and safe tour companies.

Segways themselves are safe, if you use them correctly, like bikes and other items. If you use them wrong, you could fall.

As to the safety of that particular tour, I would say you have to make your own judgement, once you see their operation. As a rule, I would say you should get a safety briefing (in your own language) and have some practice time so you can get comfortable using the segway before you go on your tour, and most good tour companies plan this into their system.

Also, most tour companies require helmets, but not all. If the group is large, I would think more than one tour guide is appropriate, as no one person can watch 20 segways and give a tour.

Keep your own safety in mind, but have an open mind. I think you will likely have a great time.

Come back and post your experiences. Have fun!
__________________
Karl Ian Sagal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #3
chilianyuanran
New Member
chilianyuanran is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: France
Posts: 5
5 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Maja,

Segway tours are a great way to see a city. I do not know that tour personally, but have been on many great tours, and know many fun and safe tour companies.

Segways themselves are safe, if you use them correctly, like bikes and other items. If you use them wrong, you could fall.

As to the safety of that particular tour, I would say you have to make your own judgement, once you see their operation. As a rule, I would say you should get a safety briefing (in your own language) and have some practice time so you can get comfortable using the segway before you go on your tour, and most good tour companies plan this into their system.

Also, most tour companies require helmets, but not all. If the group is large, I would think more than one tour guide is appropriate, as no one person can watch 20 segways and give a tour.

Keep your own safety in mind, but have an open mind. I think you will likely have a great time.

Come back and post your experiences. Have fun!
What is the core elements of a tour you think? How do you define a "Good Tour"? I'm picturing myself. but find it's very difficult to come up with new things rather than showing some good sites, picture taking and stop at a cafe... Any ideas?
chilianyuanran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of
 
KSagal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pelham, NH, USA.
Posts: 10,356
5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilianyuanran View Post
What is the core elements of a tour you think? How do you define a "Good Tour"? I'm picturing myself. but find it's very difficult to come up with new things rather than showing some good sites, picture taking and stop at a cafe... Any ideas?
For me, the core element is, 'did you have fun?'

I like to learn things, so an informative tour for me is fun, and I get to learn about the history of a city or place.

Sometime the location is the core element, and what makes it fun. Seeing a spectacular site might make it fun.

People make things fun. I like people. A good group of people can have fun in bad places with bad situations.

I know segways and have owned them for years. But a person who has never had experience with segways may easily find the ride itself fun. I know I still smile and enjoy every time I get on, and I have ridden for many thousands of miles...
__________________
Karl Ian Sagal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
chilianyuanran
New Member
chilianyuanran is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: France
Posts: 5
5 yr Member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
For me, the core element is, 'did you have fun?'

I like to learn things, so an informative tour for me is fun, and I get to learn about the history of a city or place.

Sometime the location is the core element, and what makes it fun. Seeing a spectacular site might make it fun.

People make things fun. I like people. A good group of people can have fun in bad places with bad situations.

I know segways and have owned them for years. But a person who has never had experience with segways may easily find the ride itself fun. I know I still smile and enjoy every time I get on, and I have ridden for many thousands of miles...
That's a informed opinion. Thank you Karl. I find you are very friendly and helpful.
It's really a pleasure to learn more from you.
I'm now helping my friend out with exploring and planing a Segway tour. He has been doing Segway business for a while but is losing confidence now, after going through lots failures on both retail and tours. This tour might be the last fight for him and if it fails, that's it...
I'm quite anxious for him. But your opinion encouraged me somehow.
Hope Segway will always bring people smile as it did to you and me.
chilianyuanran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 PM.
Copyright 2002-2022 SegwayChat.org.
All rights reserved. Not affiliated with Segway Inc.

FreshBlue vBulletin skin by
VayaDesign
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SegwayChat Archive