SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #21
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default You got It

Quote:
Originally Posted by eJM View Post
And I know you meant this as sacrasm. As I said in my post... Jim
The sad part is that this tends to be the kind of welcome many of our new members get. And then folks ask why more people don't participate in Segway Enthusiast events.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #22
SegSailor
SegSailor will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Bear-ly Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I have heard all sorts of things to be prepared for while gliding... flat tires, insults from yahoos in SUVs, uneven driveway ramps... This is the first time in 5 years I have heard or considered what to do if a bear attacks while gliding...

What do you do if the Grizzly just yells that you're gonna get fat?
Dude, I'm ALREADY fat! A grizzly that smart would obviously go for a skinny guy, because if he's smart enough to talk, he's obviously smart enough to watch his cholesterol, too!

Grizzlys were the first thing that I thought of when I read "Montana", because SegSurfer's godparents have a ranch out there. For years they've been trying to get us out there, and they've said that we didn't even need to supply our own pepper spray, because they have plenty (and they were serious)! They take it with them horseback riding, when they go out on 4 wheelers, etc. "Just a precaution" they say. Un huh. Last week they told me that someone just got mauled, but that it was "over the mountain" and not like it was on their ranch or anything. Yeah. Over the mountain out there is equal to 'next door' over here! It'd be my luck that the darn bear would be on vacation on THIS side of the mountain! So the first thing that popped into my mind was an image of some wide eyed dude giving it all he's got, bookin' down a gravel path on an X2 with a freakin' grizzly in hot pursuit!

I'm aware that there are many CITIES in Montana, and that the grizzlies don't live on every square inch of dirt in the state, but I'll stick with my mostly predictable Virginia black bears when I go trail riding! We have an understanding; they don't eat me or my Segway, and they can steal all the birdseed out of my feeders that they want in the Spring...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The University of Seg-Ville
Taking gliding to a higher degree!
SegSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #23
william collins
william collins will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default I'm Amazed

Here someone comes along stirs up a Honey Pot and fourteen of you joined in a circle and got a good wiff...All with there own definition of intent...Nice job Mr brent
Old 07-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #24
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegSailor View Post
So the first thing that popped into my mind was an image of some wide eyed dude giving it all he's got, bookin' down a gravel path on an X2 with a freakin' grizzly in hot pursuit!
I'm assuming he would be saying %^&# the speed limiter, I'm going above 12.5 as well! But seriously, if you want to see something similar to a Grizzly chasing you, hold a steak in front of Boris then take off. Don't think he can go 12.5, but he does look like a bear and is similar in size. He also loves his steaks!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #25
Skinnee D
Skinnee D is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Nice way to treat the newbies

The 2nd post from budsiskos should have said "Welcome to SegwayChat etc...if you have any business ideas, they should be posted in the Buy & Sell forum or the Tours & Rentals forum". But instead of letting Mr. Brent know where threads should be started, they instead think he might be spammer or scammer. Thanks to budsiskos for not only not giving a new member a half-decent welcome and not guiding him to the right thread but for the start of subsequent posts from other members of breaking a guy down so he doesn't post again. And may not ever be a member again. And if money making schemes don't belong on the new members introduction subforum, Gihgehls, then why didn't you tell him?? You might be one of the better informed people on this site but you have a cocky-I-know-so-why-don't-you way of saying things. Instead of waiting for the moderators to pipe up, why don't some people on this chat site inform or guide new members on how the site should be?? We guide members on how to mod our Segs, rules of the road in certain states, best places to glide, etc. But noone ever informs a person on how or where to post, etc. Things that might be common sense to some are not to others.
Skinnee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #26
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

I'm sorry, but I saw that Brent introduced himself with a business idea. That is not a problem but we were not supposed to respond with what came to mind?

I don't know Brent. I hope he is a big boy, and can take a question or two, he did give a bit of a resume to offer that he had gravitas.

Some here are brusk, some are rude, some are sweet, and some are many things.

I believe that if he walked into a room full of people he did not know, and started his conversation the way he did here, he would not get a significantly different reaction.

I will not take credit nor cast blame for anyone else's comments, but while my first reaction may not have been nicey-nice, neither was it out of bounds considering his post, by my standards, of course...

Brent, if you are still reading this (so many make one post and move on) do not be offended by anything I said, and make your own assessment regarding others. Some are very nice people, and some are less so.

I encourage you to buy a seg, and enjoy as we do. I encourage you to continue on with your business plans and your dreams, and do not let others, good or bad, sway you from the path you want to be on...

And if you post again, be prepared for a whole gambit of responses from one extreme to the other...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #27
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Tube Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
I'm assuming he would be saying %^&# the speed limiter, I'm going above 12.5 as well! But seriously, if you want to see something similar to a Grizzly chasing you, hold a steak in front of Boris then take off. Don't think he can go 12.5, but he does look like a bear and is similar in size. He also loves his steaks!
I think that is something we would like to see on youtube

Hey we had a guy run over another guy on a Seg this week on YouTube, so I think it we should have a little Boris Time

For those of you who do not know Boris, Boris is Jryans rescue dog, who from what I understand is quite a personality.

Sorry, we will miss both you and Boris, at SegwayFesT, so a little YouTube video would be nice!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #28
SegSailor
SegSailor will become famous soon enough

Default WWHopper 4 Prez!

Or at least on the short lists for Veep! Both of them! Moderator extraordinarre! I can see his slogan now: "A Segway in every garage!" Just one question; where is there enough room on a Seg for a bumper sticker...

The University of Seg-Ville
Taking gliding to a higher degree!
SegSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #29
jryan

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
I think that is something we would like to see on youtube

Hey we had a guy run over another guy on a Seg this week on YouTube, so I think it we should have a little Boris Time

For those of you who do not know Boris, Boris is Jryans rescue dog, who from what I understand is quite a personality.

Sorry, we will miss both you and Boris, at SegwayFesT, so a little YouTube video would be nice!
Yes, I wish we could join in the FESTivities! Unfortunately, we cannot! Rest assured we will both be at Fest09'! From what I have seen, I sure hope some of the same people behind this fest help with 09' as well! To me, they seem to have done a great job! I will work on the youtube video, although I do not have a video camera. Boris loves any kind of attention, this I know!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:42 PM   #30
jryan

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegSailor View Post
Or at least on the short lists for Veep! Both of them! Moderator extraordinarre! I can see his slogan now: "A Segway in every garage!" Just one question; where is there enough room on a Seg for a bumper sticker...
Given as I vote on the issues, I like this candidates stance on Segway's. So far he's got my vote!