SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 07-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I think his enthusiam is great. It just seems to me that if a person walks into a place and says that this or that is great, and you should do it... That always makes me ask why they have not taken their own advice...

We are already enthusiastic. But it takes more than that to make a business work.

What some may want to consider, is that not only do some people reading here know and run their own dealerships, but some dealerships have failed, in much warmer climates with longer gliding seasons. Knowing how to run a business is very different than being excited about a particular technology...

Brent offered up his knowledge and credentials in knowing business affairs. If he does, then he should be looking for business partners, not looking for another to put up the funds for his dream.

IF this is a scam, we have not heard the final pitch. If it is just an enthusiastic potential buyer who is saying that they feel they must not be alone, he needs to do more research... It might behoove him to actually go buy a segway so he will be more knowledgeable than he is now as to what it can do and cannot do.

One thing that needs to be considered is how many of us have met scores of folks who think that the segway is a great device, then find that the cost is not something they can justify in their lives.

I welcome Brent here. I encourage him to keep pitching for segways where he lives. He may even want to consider being an extention office for some dealer who may be interested... I am just not ready to say that he is right for telling us to do what he says, not what he does...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #12
SegSailor
SegSailor will become famous soon enough

Default Critter Speeds

On another thread we are currently debating the proper way to deal with an attacking dog when you are on a Segway. I've heard that the dog population in Montana is somewhat lower than the grizzly population. I'm willing to bet that the slower canine breeds are more rare there! Before everyone gets onto business plans, the demographics of the Big Sky state, average temperature/precipitation, etc., I have just two questions: One: Is the top speed of a grizzly in excess of 12.5mph, and two: Is there an aftermarket Segway pepper spray holder available?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The University of Seg-Ville
Taking gliding to a higher degree!
SegSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:47 AM   #13
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegSailor View Post
I have just two questions: One: Is the top speed of a grizzly in excess of 12.5mph, and two: Is there an aftermarket Segway pepper spray holder available?
The only requirement is that you have another pedestrian with you, or another Seg in turtle/black key mode.

This is a case where you don't need to WIN, you just don't want to be LAST!!!
Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #14
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Flags View Post
The only requirement is that you have another pedestrian with you, or another Seg in turtle/black key mode.

This is a case where you don't need to WIN, you just don't want to be LAST!!!

So...

Two guys are out on a glide and get attacked by a grizzly bear...

One guy reaches over, sets the other seg to turtle, then takes off at 12.5 mph on his own? Nice.

While your at it, you may want to toss the other guy your dog biscuits as well...

I have heard all sorts of things to be prepared for while gliding... flat tires, insults from yahoos in SUVs, uneven driveway ramps... This is the first time in 5 years I have heard or considered what to do if a bear attacks while gliding...

What do you do if the Grizzly just yells that you're gonna get fat?

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #15
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
Now, now, now! I doubt this guy is a scam.
Nobdy said scam, they said "spam." Legit or not, money making schemes don't belong on the new member introductions subforum, and it is certainly a poor way to introduce yourself.
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #16
RAG1247
RAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud of

if you are interested, contact him (his home page doesn't seem to load) - if not...................................

continual speculation accomplishes nothing

the thread probably belongs in something to sell

"If you can’t change the people around you, change the people around you"

Last edited by RAG1247; 07-29-2008 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: small brain
RAG1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #17
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
Nobdy said scam, they said "spam." Legit or not, money making schemes don't belong on the new member introductions subforum, and it is certainly a poor way to introduce yourself.
Scam, spam, both words insight the same kind of feelings on people reading! I do agree, he probably should have introduced himself in a different manner and posted this in for sale. But if it was really an issue, I'm sure the moderator(s) would have moved the thread! After all, they govern what is acceptable where and what is not! I am just tired of seeing people jump on others, especially when they are new. Although, then again, I am speaking from expierience, I also chose the wrong time wrong place!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #18
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Agreed on a couple of counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
Scam, spam, both words insight the same kind of feelings on people reading! I do agree, he probably should have introduced himself in a different manner and posted this in for sale. But if it was really an issue, I'm sure the moderator(s) would have moved the thread! After all, they govern what is acceptable where and what is not! I am just tired of seeing people jump on others, especially when they are new. Although, then again, I am speaking from expierience, I also chose the wrong time wrong place!
This post did not appear to be SPAM, it may be a Scam, but then it may be just another one of our overly egar Segway Enthusiasts.

And what a nice welcome he has had too.

And you will notice he has not posted again, nor have we heard of any of our members wiring lots of cash to Montana to open up the dealership (maybe it's the new Nigeria for scams and spammers.)

Cut the guy a break, he may be a scammer, but then again, he may be a overzealous Segway Enthusiast like many on this site.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #19
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
This post did not appear to be SPAM, it may be a Scam, but then it may be just another one of our overly egar Segway Enthusiasts.

And you will notice he has not posted again, nor have we heard of any of our members wiring lots of cash to Montana to open up the dealership (maybe it's the new Nigeria for scams and spammers.)

Cut the guy a break, he may be a scammer, but then again, he may be a overzealous Segway Enthusiast like many on this site.
Thank you Will, for paraphrasing me in a more direct way!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #20
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
And I know you meant this as sacrasm. As I said in my post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eJM View Post
Some ... were just plain rude to the guy.
What a shame. There's a time to read between the lines and a time to just say something nice, or nothing at all.

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote