SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
Mr.Brent
Account Suspended
Mr.Brent is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway investment opportunity ...

Hello,

My name is Brent & I'm both new to Montana and new to Segway ... while not having purchased a Segway yet, I am a strong enthusiast. Living in Bozeman Montana I've come to discover there aren't any Segways for sale in the state.

In fact, the entire state of Montana is a market where the selling rights for retail purchase of the Segway are still open for investors. Either one person or a closeknit group of investors can invest with the Segway corporation for rights to sell retail in the great state of Montana.

Why am I sharing this? Or - what is in it for me? Well, being new to the area and the culture it is amazing how strong the organic and natural markets are here in the state. In the town of Bozeman the bicycles are everywhere. People all ages ride bikes all over this town. It reminds me of my travels in Holland and Thun, Switzerland and some towns in Italy.

Since my background is management with a MBA any investors living outside the Montana area would have readily available my personal assistance with penetrating the Montana Segway market. There are several sizeable towns such as Helena, Billings, Butte, Missoula, Bozeman, Great Falls & Kallispel ...

... as you can see - it is a strong and untapped market.

Got off the phone two weeks ago with the retailer in Idaho -- he stated that he just had a customer come all the way from Missoula, MT. to his shop in Idaho to purchase the Segway.

One caveat to Montana distributorship rights ??? Canadian residents just north of Montana who want to can drive across to Montana and have a closer look themselves -- as the corporation does not have distribitors in Canada.

So, please feel free to respond regarding this opportunity. It is with passion that I desire to see this market get going with Segway -- why? I personally believe the fewer toxins emitted into the earth's atmosphere the better we are on this planet -- it would be so exciting to see this market bursting with Segways everywhere.

So - a hearty hello to Segway owners and enthusiasts -- I'm new here.

-Brent
Mr.Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
budsiskos
budsiskos is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Thumbs down spam?

no offense to you if this is real but it sounds very similar to one of those spam e-mails i get every day that try to get you to give money to something
budsiskos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

So, Brent...

The obvious question is...

With this being such a great business opportunity, why not act on it yourself?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:44 AM   #4
AZ~glide
AZ~glide is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Wonder what the "shoppe-keeper" pays for liability insurance as an initial premium before opening door 1, along with typical startup costs. Wonder what inventory must be on-hand to demo and facilitate business. Wonder what support staff, what paid-for parts inventory; wonder what Corporate stipulations come the way of one wishing to market Segway products...startup costs may well overcome many an enthusiast.

So, here comes one [enthusiast]...maybe or maybe not. Brent says he does not own a Segway and I believe him. He mentions no other experience upon such. May not have set foot upon one. No mention of any experience there does beg this one's mind to wonder.

Yet, how would it be if a guy seeing a market opportunity chose to go headlong into it, despite any prior experience?

Aside from sounding somewhat (and arguably for sure) like our apparent Presidential candidate choices, such a non-experienced person may have the vision and capacity to bring a major impact. Whether Brent is such a "mover & shaker", I've less than no-clue.

That he speaks of a "Green-oriented-community" in Montana and sees Segways as strongly desirable there, is to my liking...IF he is sincere. That he addresses an audience of Segway enthusiasts is rudimentally sharp. That is, having partners/investors in a project that is merely bean-counter deemed, is not the general tone nor vibration of the whole "Segway-thing".

Sure caveat emptor may mean a lot here. Let the buyer beware, sure. Yet, do we all have any business shooting another down...just because that's all that occurred to us at that moment?

Me-thinks-not.

This has been approved by the no-opinion club of Arizona nad has been deemed to be of no political threat to Brent nor any other and....

Anyway, bought me first Segway Sunday night [HT i180], went for a glide (charged by a German Sheppard) and am officially a newbie. {cloaked adisory statement there for Brent, as well; and, his letter sound constitutionally correct (not that I'd know) and his idea of bringing Segways to Montana sounds like "not a threat"...just one opinion}

I'm enthused by the functions this idea, this Segway means in my life.

Let Montana have Segways!

Any in doubt: watch or re-watch Legends of The Fall...great "Montana Flik".

AZ~glide
AZ~glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 AM   #5
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Aren't mods supposed to filter out spam and shills when they first post? Or maybe they were tricked because he says "segway" a few times?
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
Bill Seright
Account Suspended
Bill Seright is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I wondered the same thing. Eric is on moderation here but this guy just joins up and gets to make a post immediately asking for money hand-outs as an "investment opportunity."?

Thanks

Bill S.
Bill Seright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Now, now, now! I doubt this guy is a scam. He is probably a legitimate guy, just looking for a little help. There is probably a large number of people out there that have half the money to invest in a dealership and not the other half. I would call him stupid should he be a scam. After all, no one is just going to blindly hand over that kind of money. If someone was interested they would meet him, get a copy of his drivers license, sign and notarize a contract, etc. If he is not a scam, I find this a valid request.

If one is not interested in what he has to say, ignore him, why deprive someone else who may possibly be interested, the opportunity to talk with him. Besides, I have seen other occasions when spam or scam has been placed on a person and everyone who said it was dead wrong. Let's not criticize the guy for making a request. No one needs to honor it, but allow someone who may want to the chance. Besides, if he does start it up (assuming he is not a scam, which I doubt he is), then he will most certainly become an asset to the community!

Jeremy Ryan
Old 07-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

The guy didn't ask anyone for money, didn't even suggest he get a Segway for his efforts. He merely pointed out an opportunity for anyone with the means and desire to check it out. He offered to help, but made no claim to the right. Some of you were just plain rude to the guy.

Welcome to SegwayChat, Mr. Brent.

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
Twyfer
Twyfer is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Post Ouch !

Well, as they say, "Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by stupidity".

Brent, your enthusiasm is heartening, but I suggest that you do a LOT more research before you jump in with both feet like that. At the best you come across as naive and arrogant, at worst as a transparent scam artist.

We're not blind to the business potential of the Segway. Some of the people in this group are dealers who already run successful operations in states which are more populous, more prosperous, and have nicer weather than Montana. Others are enthusiasts who have known the potential of the Segway since it was a glint in Dean Kamen's eye.

So sit back, read the group, do other research, even make your own investment in buying and riding a Segway. Gain some knowledge and experience if you want to make credible suggestions

Dwight Williams
Twyfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #10
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Mr. Brent, welcome. I hope your stay here is long-lived! Regardless, I have a question for you and it is not to discredit you or anything like that. In business, if you are to sell something so niche as a Segway, you need to be able to sell one. You say you are an enthusiast and not an owner. I can appreciate that, because I was an enthusiast well before an owner. There are several enthusiasts here who do not own, mainly, I'm assuming, for financial reasons.

You mentioned that you are an enthusiast because of the "Green" nature of the Segway. What else makes you an enthusiast? What else drives you, in regards to the Segway? You do not have to answer publicly if you do not want. I ask this for one reason. Very few people, even with the money, are willing to drop down that kind of money simply because it helps the environment.

If you plan to effectively sell your idea to potential customers, you will need to know everything that drives you to sell these machines. If you can portray your enthusiasm in a way that can help make the customer realize the potential, then you're sold. Unfortunately, just the fact that it is "green" may not be enough. You need to know every reason why the Segway is better.

Say someone walked in with $6000 in hand. Why would they buy a Segway when they could buy a nice used car? Once you have this down, you have your pitch. Assuming you recieve no help here, look into a business loan. If you have good credit and you can speak from your heart on the device, a bank should help you out. If not a bank, look for a venture capitalist. Look for an angel investor. I am sure you can develop a wicked business plan.

These are just suggestions. It is hard to determine from reading your message whether you want to start your own dealership and want help or whether you want to urge someone to start one in your area. If you want to start your own, I am offering some friendly advice. Feel free to e-mail or pm me through my profile if you wish. I wish you luck!

Jeremy Ryan