SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #11
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
I still have my i167 after upgrading to an i2, and frankly I have been unable to unload the i167 (even with its Li-Ion upgrade) even after trying several methods. I don't have anything against first-gens, but I like the i2 better and no longer use the older model.

I've tried various local shippers and none were even willing to attempt shipping a Segway (so I could sell it online). I've seen some more info here about possible additional companies that might be able to do it, but the specialized freight shippers seem to charge so much that it might actually cost me money to sell the Segway. I'm also concerned about increasingly negative experiences I've had with eBay in general.

I've also tried to find someone who would be interested in buying it locally, but the only person who responded was a dealer who haggled me down to $1000 but said that he was definitely buying it and we had a deal - then he called me back and said he was backing out.

Even though I put a ton of money into the i167, sometimes I think I might have to give it away for free. I know that sounds a little crazy, but I haven't been able to sell it and continuing to store it could potentially become a problem too.
I am sorry that you have had difficulty selling your segway. I hope you find a way to sell it that suits you.

If, by chance, you do decide to go a different route, you can donate it to Segs-for-Vets. They are a great service organization and an equally great charity. (You can then at least get the tax credit)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #12
emrnyc
emrnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default We....

We can give you a tax letter if you want to donate it....
Give us a call..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
I still have my i167 after upgrading to an i2, and frankly I have been unable to unload the i167 (even with its Li-Ion upgrade) even after trying several methods. I don't have anything against first-gens, but I like the i2 better and no longer use the older model.

I've tried various local shippers and none were even willing to attempt shipping a Segway (so I could sell it online). I've seen some more info here about possible additional companies that might be able to do it, but the specialized freight shippers seem to charge so much that it might actually cost me money to sell the Segway. I'm also concerned about increasingly negative experiences I've had with eBay in general.

I've also tried to find someone who would be interested in buying it locally, but the only person who responded was a dealer who haggled me down to $1000 but said that he was definitely buying it and we had a deal - then he called me back and said he was backing out.

Even though I put a ton of money into the i167, sometimes I think I might have to give it away for free. I know that sounds a little crazy, but I haven't been able to sell it and continuing to store it could potentially become a problem too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NYC's Only Segway Trained Level 1 & Level 2 Service Tech

8 EMS - 37 PAPD - 23 NYPD - 343 FDNY
Never forget our Brother & Sister Heroes 9/11/01.
It was not how they died that made them heroes.....
It was how they lived!

Check out Emergency Medical Rescue of New York City's website
emrnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:48 AM   #13
Master One
Master One is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Unhappy Segway Master Wannabe

Yes, SegNerd's offer would have come in handy, but well... The i167 from the photos is out of question, on one hand the price was just too high in the first place, especially in the seen condition and with NiMH batteries, on the other hand the seller did not even respond any more (possibly because I asked too many questions).

It really is ridiculous, my wife is against the purchase, but I just can not let go. I have no idea, if I would even be satisfied with a Gen1 after just riding the i2 and x2 (and there will definitely be no possibility to try a Gen1 machine, because the Segway wave does not seem to have swapped over to Europe before the Gen2 machines came out), but I'll either have to make a real bargain, or not get one at all...
Master One is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i167