SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 06-11-2004, 06:54 AM   #1
RAG1247
RAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default emails sent to members by clicking on member name

in the last 24 hours, both chris of segwayutah and I sent what we thought were private emails to members by clicking on their names in segway chat

several hours later we received emails indicating that our messages were unable to be delivered to [email protected] - the problem is that our messages were not sent to bookofseg. the only reason that this apparently happened was that there is something wrong with bookofseg.com

my question - are other blind cc's being sent to other addresses when one sends an email to another member by clicking on his or her name. If so,

THAT IS NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always assumed that sending an email by clicking on a member's name resulted in a private email to the member only - I now have my doubts.

I have sent an email to Frank and I assume he is checking into it

for further info see http://www.segwaychat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8149

At this moment, I have no intention of sending anymore emails to members by clicking on their member names since, at least from what happened last night, that blind cc's are being sent unknowingly to the sender to other addresses. the cc to bookofseg did not get through - however were there other bcc's that did get through???????

Richard
Ft. Lauderdale

[img=left]http://www.sonyguy.com/stars_rag2.gif[/img=left] If you can’t change the people around you, change the people around you[image]http://www.sonyguy.com/stars2.gif [/image]
RAG1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this is the first time I've heard of it - It may just be a programming glitch (some line of code got hooked with another line of code accidently - it happens... there has been time when Frank has been upgrading the site that something has gotten unhooked in what I can do), it may have been a way to monitor the use of the email for spamming - which is against the rules and was a problem for a while.

Regardless, I doubt that PT is interested in the personal stuff... He's too busy, TBH, and out of the country most of the time. And he's not been active in either book of seg or moderation for quite a while, as we all know. Frank and I do most of the moderation, and Blinky helps, and I certainly don't get copies of your emails.

Don't know if this helps...
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:38 AM   #3
secretoftheeast
secretoftheeast

5 yr Member

Just so you know, I got the same issue as well, even though my message was received and replied to for sure. (the error email came days later)
secretoftheeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:41 AM   #4
RAG1247
RAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud of

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by secretoftheeast

Just so you know, I got the same issue as well, even though my message was received and replied to for sure. (the error email came days later)
thanks

the messages I sent were also received by and answered by the intended recipient - but I did not send copies knowingly to any other addresses

Richard
Ft. Lauderdale

[img=left]http://www.sonyguy.com/stars_rag2.gif[/img=left] If you can’t change the people around you, change the people around you[image]http://www.sonyguy.com/stars2.gif [/image]
RAG1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:03 AM   #5
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

I have had the same issue.

-Sal

Think Different
www.apple.com

Answers that Matter
www.lilly.com

Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:46 AM   #6
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

Creepy.

Chris
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:52 AM   #7
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I too had the same issue I clicked - and thought I sent an e-mail to a new local member and it came back about 8 hours later.

Will W Hopper,IFDA
Washington, DC, USA
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:55 AM   #8
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

Richard,

Have you checked out the privacy policy on SegwayChat.com?

Quote:
quote:3. License
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this service, you are granting SegwayChat.com a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to the information.

4. Limitation of liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall SegwayChat.com or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, SegwayChat.com materials. . . If you are dissatisfied with any SegwayChat.com material, or with any of SegwayChat.com's terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using SegwayChat.com.
So yes, making copies of private e-mails is completely within the bounds of the privacy policy. Even more, SegwayChat.com (is that an entity?) actually owns a non-exclusive license to use all of those private e-mails in any way worldwide without compensation or restriction, and disclaims all personal liability of such use.

Frank, we're getting worried. Please chime in before we all decide that this is all part of some government "Carnivore" system or something. Hee hee.

Chris
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:01 AM   #9
wayne
wayne has a little shameless behaviour in the past

5 yr Member

I get the same here.
Looks like ALL the e-mails are read by the moderators.

Frank, is that the policy?

Wayne
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:39 AM   #10
np
np is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Run this by me again, please.

Looks like ALL the private e-mails are (might be) read by the moderators.

Curioser and curioser.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by wayne

I get the same here.
Looks like ALL the e-mails are read by the moderators.

Frank, is that the policy?

Wayne
np is offline   Reply With Quote