SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:48 AM   #61
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNation View Post
The leansteer actually is easier to put on and take off. A single bolt. We have been running the ninebot on our tours in Dallas since the Friday after the buyout was announced. So far it gets only about 8 miles per charge. However, the demo unit is a pretty beat up unit. I have 2 brand new ones arriving on Monday and will put those to work next week. If we start selling via Segway, I want to be able to explain all the pros and cons to a customer... I've got a week and a half of testing data. We also have been testing the ninebot One.... Shoot me an e-mail at Chris@nationtours.com if you want more info...
Thank you for this data. From the video and pics it appears to compare more to a updated p133 than an updated i167. (The i167 became the i2, the p133 size did not continue)

Are you/were you familiar with the P133? Do you agree the Ninebot is more of that range than that of the full sized i2?

Many on this forum liked the p133, and were sad to see it discontinued. Also, there were many accounts of the fact that Dean himself liked that size as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:40 AM   #62
dudeman1961
dudeman1961 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default lithium level

the range is less, did they make the batteries smaller (lithium gram mass) to get it on a plane?
dudeman1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:57 PM   #63
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

Default Observations and questions

I noticed an unconventional plug in one of the videos. Does that mean it needs a wall wart for charging, vs. the Seg's standard linecord?

The remote control capability surprises me in that it's able to stay 'upright' without a center of gravity above the platform. As I recall, the e167 required weight in a saddlebag to stay upright with no passenger.

Tiny wheels and platform - looks like it's intended for children. Doesn't look very robust either. I've been able to glide away from two accidents in which I was hit by a car, although with a wobbly wheel each time. It looks to me like the Ninebot wouldn't survive falling over.

How is the kickstand deployed?

Are you going to evaluate the extended range batteries?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:40 PM   #64
SegNation
SegNation is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Thank you for this data. From the video and pics it appears to compare more to a updated p133 than an updated i167. (The i167 became the i2, the p133 size did not continue)

Are you/were you familiar with the P133? Do you agree the Ninebot is more of that range than that of the full sized i2?

Many on this forum liked the p133, and were sad to see it discontinued. Also, there were many accounts of the fact that Dean himself liked that size as well.
Well it is basically a smaller i2. Smaller wheels, base, batteries, and only weighs about 55 pounds. Maybe like p133 with a LeanSteer. I like the fact that it is smaller, lighter, and cheaper. It is not as agile, fast, or as responsive as a Segway though, and the charge lasted us about 8 miles. Also, hitting small bumps is very noticeable.

I personally don't think in can take the day-to-day wear and tear we put our Segways as a tour company though. However, as a consumer product, it will be just fine. We've put 100 miles on the ninebot Elite here in Dallas, and plan on putting 1,000+ miles on it over the summer. We have over 120 Segways in our fleet, and the average mileage is about 5K-7K, with some as high as 15K. Compare that to a consumer. We service 1-2 machines a week and the average mileage is 300-500 miles.

Someone mentioned a wall converter. The ninebot plugs right into the way via 3 prongs. That was a picture of where it plugs into the unit.
SegNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #65
SegNation
SegNation is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryp View Post
I noticed an unconventional plug in one of the videos. Does that mean it needs a wall wart for charging, vs. the Seg's standard linecord?

The remote control capability surprises me in that it's able to stay 'upright' without a center of gravity above the platform. As I recall, the e167 required weight in a saddlebag to stay upright with no passenger.

Tiny wheels and platform - looks like it's intended for children. Doesn't look very robust either. I've been able to glide away from two accidents in which I was hit by a car, although with a wobbly wheel each time. It looks to me like the Ninebot wouldn't survive falling over.

I have yet to deploy the kickstand, and haven't evaluated the extended batteries yet. I have 2 more ninebots arriving on Monday and we will start to test in Austin and possibly San Diego soon.
SegNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:06 PM   #66
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryp View Post

the weight in the bags of the e were to compensate for the weight of the control shaft and handlebar.

My i2 will balance pretty well without the lean steer in place, and the video I saw of the ninebot had no handlebar. I wonder if that remote balance would exist if the handlebar was still on the unit...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:14 AM   #67
mathiegi
mathiegi is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

The big problem is:

the NineBot E(+) is not full redundant.
Only the "t" (Turbo) Version would be safer...

redundancy.jpg
mathiegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:05 PM   #68
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

I seem to recall reading that the Ninebot has only 1 battery pack, not the redundancy of Segway's dual packs.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #69
blownb310
blownb310 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I can't seem to find any feedback as to the reliability of the Ninebot e. Has anyone heard anything?
blownb310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:44 AM   #70
ben fairn
ben fairn is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

The ninebot is lighter and not made for bad weather. The charge plug faces upwards, and so water in these units isba problem. As far as tours goes we've been using one as a test, buy it won't make it past a season on daily use. Given the have bought Segway, I'm sure they will now deploy the technology/ software in their units. It's also likely Segway will start being made in China, hopefully that brings down the price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
ben fairn is offline   Reply With Quote