SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default Saying goodbye

I've had a lot of fun on these boards, I've meet some really great friends through here, but I think it is time for me to move on. This will be my last post.

It has been brought to my attention that I come off as combative, demeaning, rude, or hostile, and I don't wish to burden any of the great, great people of this site with my presence any longer. I have been on and off moderation several times, for being disruptive, ruining threads, etc. I've tried my best to moderate my own behavior, but even when I think I am doing fine, it turns out I am not.

This post is not a gripe about the moderators of Segway Chat. They do the best job they can.

This is a great website, and has been a fantastic resource for me as a Segway owner. I've been doing a lot of introspection lately, and I've determined that I am simply incompatible with the Segway community as it exists on the internet. I don't think I've ever offended any of you in real-life (I hope!) but here it is a different story. I don't wish to make this place worse, only to make it better, but I fail in that regard. Consistently. Set sail for fail, as it were.

Like I said, I have made great friends through this site, and only just started to make friends with more of you. I will still be around, lurking, and my interest in Segways has never been stronger than it is now.

I want to be able to keep in contact with you. Unfortunately, at the moment, I am unable to send emails or PM's to other users, so if you'd like to keep in touch, PLEASE send me a PM with your contact info and I will save it.

Farewell, SegwayChat. It's been a fun few years.
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
Segwaiian
Segwaiian is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up Happy Trails

Aloha, hellphish.

Sorry, I tried to PM you but I received an error message that you've either chosen not to receive PMs or are not allowed to send/receive them.

Ultimately, we're all here because of the glide.

Glide on,
Roger
Old 03-19-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

For what it's worth I have not found you disruptive, but then again, I suppose I do not always view things as others. Regardless, I wish you the best in your endeavors! Maybe one of these years I will see you at fest! Regardless, I can't send you a pm so if you ever wanna contact me my e-mail address is jryan_Winston@yahoo.com! Have a good one hellphish!

Jeremy Ryan
Old 03-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

The only flaw I see is impetuousness, and it runs rampit here - I would urge you to give it a month, rethink things, and see what happens. Its worked for me twice.
If your decision is final, so be it, but in either case I wish you well and since I cant PM, please IM me or email whenever you like.

Safe journeys...

+B

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Hellphish can recieve Personal Messages

He just is not able to send them

His ID and account will stay active as long as he wishes, so he can always visit as well as post.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
Zorba9
Zorba9 is a glorious beacon of lightZorba9 is a glorious beacon of lightZorba9 is a glorious beacon of lightZorba9 is a glorious beacon of lightZorba9 is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

I've been around here for 5 years and have seen many people come and go. I chime in only occasionally on subjects that are dear to me. The attitudes and apptitudes of ALL the members here are what makes this an interesting forum. The local color is why I read SC on a regular basis, Hellphish you've been part of that. You're always quite lucid and have your own unique brand of individuality. I think you should stick around and continue being yourself!

KOG
Old 03-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Hellphish, I wish you the best and please know that if you ever want to chat about Segways in the future, we will always be here...

John
Old 03-20-2008, 12:09 AM   #8
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I don't recall ever finding your posts to be offensive (although your avitar was a little annoying ;-). Hope you have a change of heart and come back soon. In the meantime, glide safe.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 AM   #9
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

How strange. I actually enjoyed having heated discussions with you on a myriad of minutia no one else cared about...

But I don't understand the need for your being moderated. I haven't had that happen to me yet-- which seems really strange, given my tendency for confrontational discourse and unpopular views. Ask anybody. So your situation both surprises & puzzles me. I imagine you probably have some "h8trs" out there, riding you. I just ignore them, as I don't participate here to win contests (unlike some others I know... or knew?).

Though you haven't yet met me in person (I'm not REALLY that evil), or participated in a group glide that I've attended; I would welcome such an interaction with you, when I again have the time to participate in such things.

You will be missed and your absence robs us all, but you know yourself better than anyone in what you're comfortable with-- so I trust your introspection & judgment on the matter.

All my best,
SEGsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphish View Post
I've had a lot of fun on these boards, I've meet some really great friends through here, but I think it is time for me to move on. This will be my last post.

It has been brought to my attention that I come off as combative, demeaning, rude, or hostile, and I don't wish to burden any of the great, great people of this site with my presence any longer. I have been on and off moderation several times, for being disruptive, ruining threads, etc. I've tried my best to moderate my own behavior, but even when I think I am doing fine, it turns out I am not.

This post is not a gripe about the moderators of Segway Chat. They do the best job they can.

This is a great website, and has been a fantastic resource for me as a Segway owner. I've been doing a lot of introspection lately, and I've determined that I am simply incompatible with the Segway community as it exists on the internet. I don't think I've ever offended any of you in real-life (I hope!) but here it is a different story. I don't wish to make this place worse, only to make it better, but I fail in that regard. Consistently. Set sail for fail, as it were.

Like I said, I have made great friends through this site, and only just started to make friends with more of you. I will still be around, lurking, and my interest in Segways has never been stronger than it is now.

I want to be able to keep in contact with you. Unfortunately, at the moment, I am unable to send emails or PM's to other users, so if you'd like to keep in touch, PLEASE send me a PM with your contact info and I will save it.

Farewell, SegwayChat. It's been a fun few years.

Last edited by SEGsby; 03-20-2008 at 01:03 AM..
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:21 AM   #10
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Three major contributors leave the forum in the last week...
How often does THAT happen?
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote