SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
segmental
segmental is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Looking for Seg users in Dallas area

Hi,

I'm brand new to SC. I'm looking for Segway users in the Dallas area. I'm intent on getting my first Segway this month.

Hope to hear from users in the area to get the scoop on a good model for me (I have some mobility issues) and where to glide for fun here.

I'm set to receive private messages.
segmental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
safety1st
safety1st will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Wink Segway in Dallas

There will be a Segway only store opened at Mockinngbird and Central on the 12th of this month (across from the SMU bookstore). Stop by we'll have a community list you can add your name to. The Fort Worth store has been open about 3 months

Thanks
David
D/FW Segway
214-504-8905
safety1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #3
Hiphop
Hiphop is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by segmental
Hi,

I'm brand new to SC. I'm looking for Segway users in the Dallas area. I'm intent on getting my first Segway this month.

Hope to hear from users in the area to get the scoop on a good model for me (I have some mobility issues) and where to glide for fun here.

I'm set to receive private messages.
Howdy! ... I am in the DFW Metroplex, & I also have mobility issues. The Segway has been good to me.. So far I have glode (sp?) in the Parks Mall, the Galleria Mall, NorthPark Mall, Baylor Hospital, & Sam's Club. I have not had a single person tell me not to ride.. However I do get a million people asking a lot of questions about the Segway, and asking me where they can get one from.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
segmental
segmental is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking Follow up--Dallas Seg users

Two people answered my plea to find Segway owners in the Dallas area--what a wonderful surprise both of them are. Brook immediately agreed to help me with a "project" I'm working on. Then I went to visit Dave at the new store in Fort Worth. He agreed to help too. I'll keep you posted as that story develops.

Some of you may know Dave Ford from the Mount Dora store in Florida. He moved back here---and are we lucky. I went in last week and we talked and talked and talked (in between his selling Segways and otherwise helping customers). He is sooooo knowledgable and a really interesting guy to boot. On August 15, he's opening another store, in Dallas, at Mockingbird and Central across from the SMU bookstore. If you live here, I hope you glide in and sign up on the community list so we can begin to share info, e.g. on using DART etc.
segmental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Dealer community lists are so important. It's great to have Dealers who either compile contact information / names, or forward new owner information to the head of the local SEG Chapter.

Strength and FUN in numbers people!

Glad to see Seggers in the DFW area are getting together.

-Sal
Old 08-12-2006, 10:40 AM   #6
BigD
BigD

5 yr Member
Default Segways in DFW area

Welcome to wonderful world of Segway.

I got my first machine in March, 2003 and soon after a smaller p133 for my wife. We are in our mid 70s and she is on oxygen, and this method of transport has given us the mobility to go to as many activities we want. We can even dance with these things.

Listen to David at DFW Segway. He has been great to me. It is great he is starting a new store in Dallas and since he opened in Fort Worth, I have upgraded to the new Li batteries and outfitted my Seg to the Golf configuration and WOW, have I had a lot of fun with that. I also have a quick adjust mount for a video camera with outstanding results.

I also want the DFW Segway community to come together in some way so that interested people would participate in group activities.

Big D and Lil C (D and Carol)
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #7
safety1st
safety1st will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for the kind words. One of the goals of our dealerships is to help promote the widespread use of Segways in whatever way we can. The more the public knows, the more the Segway Community is help.

Thanks again
David
safety1st is offline   Reply With Quote