SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #11
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetmanKen View Post
It was on this video Karl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=z_LmQQrlG9U

http://TheEcoBoomer.com - This is the new 2012 EcoBoomer 5.0 human transporter it's one mean electric machine! It's capable of getting up to 20 MPH very fast and it also can go a distance of around 35-40 miles on one single charge. We are actively seeking new dealers around the world who would like to be among the first businesses in your city or country selling these amazing eco-friendly, zero emissions, electric human transporters. Contact us through our website today for more information.

Now they say this one goes up to20 mph?
I knew that vid looked familiar. It was uploaded 14 months ago! I think we have seen it before.

I don't know about a 4 wheel scooter like that. At 12 miles per hour, a hard or panic stop on a down grade means a face plant. At 20 miles per hour, it means a face skid. It seems like you might find out just how long a skid mark you can make with your nose...

It is an upgrade to the typical Q platform, but the basic physics of that high a center of balance being stopped by a restriction on the wheels, means the weight is moving forward if you like it or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #12
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
It was on this video Karl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=z_LmQQrlG9U

http://TheEcoBoomer.com - This is the new 2012 EcoBoomer 5.0 human transporter it's one mean electric machine! It's capable of getting up to 20 MPH very fast and it also can go a distance of around 35-40 miles on one single charge. We are actively seeking new dealers around the world who would like to be among the first businesses in your city or country selling these amazing eco-friendly, zero emissions, electric human transporters. Contact us through our website today for more information.

Now they say this one goes up to20 mph?
Did you notice the extreme pseudo-lean-steer action needed to maintain control?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #13
team222badbrad
team222badbrad is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I saw this thing a few days ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Build-electr...item3a6f0a1b32

Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #14
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I knew that vid looked familiar. It was uploaded 14 months ago! I think we have seen it before.

I don't know about a 4 wheel scooter like that. At 12 miles per hour, a hard or panic stop on a down grade means a face plant. At 20 miles per hour, it means a face skid. It seems like you might find out just how long a skid mark you can make with your nose...

It is an upgrade to the typical Q platform, but the basic physics of that high a center of balance being stopped by a restriction on the wheels, means the weight is moving forward if you like it or not.
That all seems to be true of their device -- note the bicycle hand-brake control.

But it's not quite inherent in having 4 wheels. Segway balance control isn't quite precluded by having more than two wheels.

We could, for example, tie you to a pole, and maneuver an 8-wheel steerable device to remain beneath you, based on deviation of the pole from the local-frame vertical.

You're still going to need all the same sensors to determine local-frame vertical.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #15
GLIDE4FUN
GLIDE4FUN is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default i167 UNITS - NEW RECALL?

Has anyone heard of a possible NEW RECALL on i167's - even ones that have had the so-called SAFETY SOFTWARE UPDATE. I recently had my T-HANDLE kick back and hit my chest so hard it almost knock the wind out of me. This was during a diminished power low battery condition. I first felt the unit go about 15 degrees forward past normal but caught it in time to prevent a fall - then the oddest occurence happened the Steering columb snapped back and hit me. Is their a possibilty of anothe recall. I had seen a few other complaints by people with similar concerns about problems. This is not an experience issue as I have logged several hundred hours on Segways and this happen on very smooth pavement so it was not a bump from an ubstruction. If I had to describe it it was more a delayed balance return as if the GYRO's and balance sensor were attempting to "CATCH UP" - I can't find addiontal recall information on the CPSC Website but indictions are a second recall might be coming.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
I saw this thing a few days ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Build-electr...item3a6f0a1b32
So, just transfer half a million dollars to the Ukraine, >>> via Paypal, Mastercard or Visa <<< and they'll send you a CD.

Maybe there's a typo or they made an error in the exchange rate.

Best case, you get plans for a machine that you can't sell without licenses for Segway IP. On the other hand, you do get "assemblages of all mechanical knots", so maybe that's worth half a mil in itself.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #17
MagiMike
MagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee
Default From their FAQ page

"All products are manufactured in China and are shipped from Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shanghai, and Ningbo."

checking on the dealer info for my state (texas) led me to this info:

5822 Cliff Ridge Dr

Dallas, TX75249map

Phone: +1 469-450-8740

Email: theecoboomer@gmail.com

Charles Cliftupdated this company profile on 07/27/2011

Last edited by MagiMike; 02-17-2012 at 01:42 PM..
Old 02-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #18
GadgetmanKen
GadgetmanKen will become famous soon enough

I just Google mapped that address and it appears to be a nice looking residence, with a female registered at that address,. Don't appear to be a business there, unless its a really small one inside. : )

I'm gonna check and see if there is a BMW dealership real, nearby, and do a Google Drive by. Doesn't look like a dealership is nearby.

I give up. : (

Last edited by GadgetmanKen; 02-17-2012 at 04:39 PM..
Old 02-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #19
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
I just Google mapped that address and it appears to be a nice looking residence, with a female registered at that address,. Don't appear to be a business there, unless its a really small one inside. : )

I'm gonna check and see if there is a BMW dealership real, nearby, and do a Google Drive by. Doesn't look like a dealership is nearby.
That BMW dealership looked to me to be in Europe, but maybe not.

In the first few seconds, there is a Volkswagon golf pictured with active plates. The plates look German to me. Near the end of the video (5.0) they speak off camera, but it sounded like German to me.j

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #20
GadgetmanKen
GadgetmanKen will become famous soon enough

Wow, we went from China, to Dallas, to now Germany. Where the heck is the company that makes, or sells them?

Guess they"re made in China, sold in a BMW dealership in Germany and that gal in Dallas is going to start selling them here. : )