SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
gifford88
gifford88 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Hello from Long Hill Township, NJ

2 weeks ago, I purchased my second Segway -- this one an X2 -- a few years ago, I purchased an I2 -- I got the child trailer from Segway New Mexico (I'm a stay-at-home Segway-Dad) and had a great time with it -- I towed my 2 children to soccer practice, to the lake, to the library, and picked up and dropped off my kids from school using it -- some great memories... but then, it happened -- my kids got too big to both fit in the trailer and it was over and so I sold the I2...

We now have an 11 month old German Shepherd that we've had since 8 weeks of age -- it's our first time with the breed and the difference between her walking and not -- daily -- at LEAST once but better twice -- is night and day... The reality was that we were NOT going to walk her so in came the X2 -- after the first outing (where I ran over her leg and, yes, it bled) -- we've have daily glides in the morning and evening with it -- usually just over a mile each time and she's great at it -- problem solved... I also hope to bring it hiking with us on some weekends -- we like Delaware Water Gap and stay on the "flats" with the young kids -- we'll use it to carry drinks/food/camera/sweatshirts/etc and rotate who gets to glide...
gifford88 is offline   Reply With Quote