SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #41
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

David, I just wanted to correct something you said or implied, that SC has only 21 active members. vBulletin has a nice built-in stats package that shows us exactly what kind of activity is going on on the site.

On average, we have between 160 and 180 unique logins everyday, which has not changed one bit since the beginning of the year. We've had over 450 unique logins in the past month. In fact, both January and Feb. 2008 have been two of our most active months on record for new posts!

So despite what some disgruntled folks might think, SC is doing just fine, thank you very much. Because the data, unlike people, don't lie.

John
Old 03-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #42
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrohol View Post
David, I just wanted to correct something you said or implied, that SC has only 21 active members. vBulletin has a nice built-in stats package that shows us exactly what kind of activity is going on on the site.

On average, we have between 160 and 180 unique logins everyday, which has not changed one bit since the beginning of the year. We've had over 450 unique logins in the past month. In fact, both January and Feb. 2008 have been two of our most active months on record for new posts!

So despite what some disgruntled folks might think, SC is doing just fine, thank you very much. Because the data, unlike people, don't lie.

John
John, you cannot go by number of unique logins. You can go by number of posts to measure activity but the fact is that the number of unique logins does not measure activity in the slightest bit. You see you can have 10,000 unique logins and only 10 of those may post. It is like at my polling place. My polling place is at a popular park with a nice hill to sled. If the news reported that there were 20,000 ballots cast because 20,000 people came to the park that would be false. Because although 20,000 people may have come to the park, many of them may have been coming for the hill and not to "contribute" by voting.

Now do I think that segwaychat is going down in a pit of ashes, no! If your data is correct on the post counts being higher these two months than ever before then I would say that yes, segway chat is thriving. I just had to correct the login data as being grounds for saying that the chat is thriving because that is no way to count active posters. But once again, I really don't think segwaychat is anywhere near the verge of closing down!

Jeremy Ryan
Old 03-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #43
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Jeremy, I respectfully disagree. It's a well known statistic that most members of most online communities never post, or post only occasionally -- they join only to read and be able to PM other members. 90% of a community's posts are typically from less than 10% of its members.

John