SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #31
mjkwee
mjkwee is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Update!
Yesterday I finally got to see and got on the PT-133 and I2. Jeff was kind and generous of his time to show me how to maneuver the device forward, backward and make turns. My goal yesterday was to understand my basic challenges and to test the feasibility of using a Segway. If I can't board the Segway, then that would be it.

Just a quick background on my disability to better understand the following feedback. The stroke affected my right side. I have use of my left hand and feet. I can stand but have no fine movement control with my right leg and feet.

I felt more comfortable with the PT-133 for two reasons, the rigid stick which helped me feel secure when boarding and the lower foot base which allowed me to get my right foot on easier. The I2 has a raised control in between the feet and the foot base is higher due to the larger tire. So the controls sometimes gets in the way of my foot as I get on board. The PT-133 left hand control works well with my good left hand too. Given time, I can be comfortable operating the I2 as well.

I can see why the PT-133 maybe a better traveling mobility companion because it is compact, lighter and if your left-hand is unimpaired then you can control your turns. I do not know whether it will handle uneven terrain and sidewalks well in walking tours or not.

Thanks to all.

Michael
mjkwee is offline   Reply With Quote