SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
DarthSegVator
DarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default UK Segway Consultation for People with Disabilities

See the PDF at the bottom of this posting. Take a look at Page 24, item 47. They are asking for people that use Segways as mobility devices to comment. Since they are not legal in the UK, they probably won't have many "in country" to comment. It would be worthwhile for others throughout the world with disabilities to share comments on the mobility enhancement the Segway offers. This may cause them to "carve out" an exception on pathways (sidewalks) for those that have a disability and use the Segway as a mobility device.

Comments can be submitted here:

How to Respond
Please respond using the form at annex V (which is attached as a separate document) and return it, with any further comments which you may have, to me at the e-mail or postal address below (also indicated on the form) by Tuesday 30 March 2010.
If you have views on some but not all of the questions, feel free to respond only to those you feel are appropriate to you, leaving the others blank.

Annex V is located here: http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/...sponseform.doc

Email address: EPVconsultation@dft.gsi.gov.uk

The text below was copied from another thread posted by Gareth.

Segway public consultation in UK ("Electric Personal Vehicle (EPV) consultation")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all

CovRob sent me a link to the following news article this morning: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-25534920/
It contains promising news of a step forward towards some kind of legalisation in the UK.

I did a little digging and think I've come up with the actual consultation being referred to (which does mention Segways explicitly):
http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/open/2010-01/
http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/...nsultation.pdf

So, we (those interested in achieving legality) need to comment.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
J Adam Davis
J Adam Davis is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Brain Damaged Segway User Arrested.

Can I have your support please?

I am a 74 year old pensioner who for four years has used my Segway as my only means of transport in Sydney Australia. After being picked up on my Segway by the NSW Highway Patrol three times over a few weeks I was arrested and put in the local lockup for four hours and now face a criminal charge! I have been most fortunate in securing the free services of a local Solicitor who says he will take the case to the High Court if necessary. He wants to make it a test case.

What I am seeking is information from other Segway users who have succeeded in similar legal wrangling with the law. Please, this is very important to me.

Regards Adam
J Adam Davis is offline   Reply With Quote