SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:03 PM   #51
Thomas
Thomas is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default Revised Turn Rate Measurement

Yes Dale, you are right, thanks for the hint. Today I repeated the measurements on a p133 with firmware 12.0. The p133 seems to add a constant of about 2.8 rpm per step. Here is the completed list, I hope I am not too dizzy this time:

Code:
Value       rpm          rpm
            i167/14.1    p133/12.0
2=18,75%    6.8          5.6 
3=25,00%   10.2          8.4
4=31,25%   13.6         11.1
5=37,50%   16.9         13.9
6=43,75%   20.5         16.8
7=50,00%   23.6         19.4
8=56,25%   26.0         22.4
9=62,50%   27.6         25.0
A=68,75%   29.3         27.9
B=75,00%   30.6         30.6
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #52
bbuonomo
bbuonomo

5 yr Member
Default Software works great!

The software works great, but I need help with one thing. A friend of mine wants me to make a copy of his key for him, but he is afraid to mail it and we won't be meeting up for some time. I've seen the pages to create the he xcode, but I have yet to see how to paste that code to an iButton.

Can anyone help me program a code in manually? I bought enough keys to make backups for both of us and don't want to waste the parts.

Thanks in advance!
bbuonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:47 AM   #53
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Thumbs up It Works great

Hi Toybuilder,

I finally had some time to test your software, the software works great, but only too bad that you need to have the key to be able to make a new key. Also I missed the police mode option.

Myself I have been working on the webpage (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/halon/segcrc.html) that we had to use before, it wasn't really user-friendly. So your tool is much better for all the non-technical people who want to make their own keys. I forwarded it to a tour-company who wanted to make his own keys, I got as feedback from him that he missed the option to enter the key code manually, not by reading a key.

For all the technical people among us, I have been playing around with the webpage that we had to use in the past, made it a bit more user-friendly and included a lot of missing options, I think a lot of people will like it more now.

Due to the limitations of the attachments system, I had to change the file extension, so download the file and remove the .txt extension, then it should all be working again.

If somebody finds something not working or missing, please let me know and I will fix it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Segway Key_Tool_florin.htm.txt (22.3 KB, 69 views)

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:41 AM   #54
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

florin,

Looks good. I don't currently have any key writing hardware, but I made a small change to your script that you may be interested in.

Save the attached script, unzip it, open it, then hover the mouse over the "speed select" to "Compute CRC" buttons. A "hint" will appear. This is done with the "title" tag inside the html objects. Take a look at the html code to see where I added the word "title=". I added some extra div objects to hold some of the titles. (when hinting over plain text).

I just put in generic hints, someone who knows better what each mode means should write the actual hints.

More hints can be added elsewhere, I just put a few in as examples.

Hopefully, by adding the appropriate hints, the tool will become even more user friendly.

I converted the .htm file to .zip, which the upload will work on.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Segway Key_Tool_florin.zip (5.5 KB, 51 views)
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #55
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

Thanks bystander,

It looks good, very usefull indeed.

When I have time, I will take a more closer look at it and use it in the next version.

Florin
Old 05-28-2006, 10:43 PM   #56
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member
Default Another revision

I added a few more hints and integrated the turn rate data that Thomas posted into the rate selection box in this version.

If anyone has a brief explanation of the various items (hints) that are still not well defined in this version, please let me know, and I can add to it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Segway Key_Tool_florin_2.zip (6.1 KB, 40 views)
Old 05-29-2006, 01:13 AM   #57
florin
The Gliding Dutchman

You really have a lot of spare time

Thanks, I will take a closer look ASAP.

Florin
Old 05-29-2006, 07:07 AM   #58
bystander

5 yr Member
Default Oops!

I got a little to carried away with that last revision. The CRC comes out incorrectly. I fixed it with this revision.

By the way, I got a hold of an old DS1410E parallel port adapter, so I'm able to reprogram i-buttons now using the Maxim/Dallas Semiconductor OneWireViewer. I haven't tried toybuilder's program yet, not sure if it will connect through the parallel port.

I've got a spare DS1994 (aka DS1427 - time button) that I'm playing around with. Haven't tried applying any of the time-related functions. I want to avoid putting it into write-once mode and ruining it as it's the only spare I currently have.

I've also got a DS1991 (aka DS1425) and DS1990A (aka DS1420) which are incapable of storing the HT key info. I didn't buy them new, they are leftover from a project from 1996!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Segway Key_Tool_florin_2a.zip (6.1 KB, 34 views)
Old 05-29-2006, 08:50 AM   #59
bystander

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander
I haven't tried toybuilder's program yet, not sure if it will connect through the parallel port.
Well, I tried toybuilder's program and it works on my decade-old parallel port interface and Win98.

I had the OneWireViewer software working first, and the driver had to be installed to get that to work, so it was apparently no problem to get toybuilder's program to work after that.

Using an all-in-one program like toybuilder's is much nicer than switching back and fourth between the OneWireViewer and the "halon" based page. Lots less clicks and copy & paste operations!

But I think the Segway Key Manager would be improved if a status message were to appear after the keycode is written and verified. And I think enough is now known about the 5 second time out to get it into the interface as a drop-down box instead of a 1-of-8 radio button selection. Not begging for features, just making an observation.

Currently, I'm seeing some driver version information on the status line. It reads like this:

Code:
FF IBFS32 V3.22 06/17/05 (IBFS32.DLL) / LPT DS1410E V3.22 06/17/05 (IB10E32.DLL) VSAUTHD.VXD/DS1310D.SYS R028B V010D Port 1 Type 2
Thanks again toybuilder, for sharing your Segway Key Manager with us!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:24 PM   #60
florin
The Gliding Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander
I got a little to carried away with that last revision. The CRC comes out incorrectly. I fixed it with this revision.
No problem, thanks for the help. I'm fixing some descriptions, etc., when that is finished, I will post the new version here.

Did anyone here try out those four new options (sound on, follow mode, postpone on error, postpone follow mode time out)? I tried them on my I180 (software v14), but nothing different happened

Does anyone know for which software version those options are working.

Florin