SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 04-02-2007, 08:24 AM   #111
alcardiff
alcardiff is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hi all, got a pair of i2s about a week ago and Julie and I think they're fantastic. Took a trip up the Taff Trail in South Wales to Castell Coch last week (awesome fairytale style castle outside Cardiff), 6 miles each way and lots of fun.

Cheers,

Al
Old 04-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #112
Ronda
Ronda is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Looking forward to gliding!

Plan to use my black Segway i2 ("Pony") for R & R. Ought to be a great way to enjoy the outdoors.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #113
gresults
gresults is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Houston, Texas New i2 POLICE

Picked up my i2 POLICE model from Ray of ZRiders of Texas. I'm a Reserve Police Officer.
Houston, Texas 77066
281-397-8440 fax: 281-397-0999

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #114
nephros60
nephros60 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Howdy:

I recently purchased an XT in Florida for use in our small community. I have returned to Colorado for the summer months an was surprised at the regulatory issues here regarding this device. I think I am OK for off-road use in Colorado State Parks,(requires registration), but I would be interested in any information re: regulatory status/regulatory efforts in Colorado. Also, I would welcome the opportunity to hear from other Colorado gliders on their experiences here...or...is it possible that, heaven forbid, I am the only glider in the Centennial State???

Cheers!!
Old 04-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #115
joe
joe will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Well, I'm not a "newbie", but since today a proud owner of a black i2! Did you count? This is my Seg no. 3! I guess my i167 and p133 are jealous about the new arrival. And they know... sooner or later one of them will have to look for a new home...

--
Johannes
Old 04-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #116
Eric Payne

Default New Owner

Eric Payne and Bill Seright, Midnight Blue HTi 187, Phoenix, AZ. Damn... not going to be stuck in the house anymore!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #117
apollo
apollo is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Smile It only took me 6 years...

But I finally have it. Today I took delivery of my new Black i2 with commuter package. The dealer was nice enough to fully charge it up for me before he delivered it. So, after my initial orientation, I took it out and had a 3+ mile glide around the campus. Man, for years I've been reading people's impressions after their first real glide, and I had been on a Segway twice before (i167 in 2003 and i180 in 2005) but this today was really my first glide of appreciable length and well, the experience was really fantastic. No amount of reading and listening to others can prepare you for what that first glide is like.
What's even better is, every one I saw had a positive reaction. There were a lot of good comments and a few people who wanted to know about the machine. There were a few curious stares, and I would have loved to stop and talk to everyone, but I just didn't have time.
I feel that today is the start of a new era in my life. You would have to know a lot more about me to fully understand why I say that, but I really do mean it. Here's to many more happy glides in the future, cheers!
Old 05-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #118
BlueNose
BlueNose is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Calif Owner

BlueNose (registered on the site) in Napa, CA, purchased 05/04/07 in Corvalis, Oregon, a white i2 with commercial carrier package, #07214029090, will be used for fun and running errands. Happy to be part of the community and delighted to be saving gas!
Old 05-07-2007, 01:24 AM   #119
Jersey Girl
Jersey Girl is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New Seg-er (can I say that?)

Brand new to the community, the chat, and the lifestyle, but very psyched!

I live in Washington, DC, which really must be, the "most Segway friendly city in the world". I bought my i2 about 3 months ago and have so far logged over 200 miles. I had never "glided" (can I say Segwayed?) before I bought mine, but was immediately hooked...and sold. I have had 10 knee surgeries and (k)need bilat total knee replacements. I was really feeling like I was missing out more and more of my great city, and had seen a couple of ortho guys about getting the worse knee fixed. I thought maybe I could rent a Segway post-op to get around, but figured I better try it first, and "voila", bought on the spot. My knee is the best it's been in months (OK, so I broke my elbow the 1st month goofing off). I am absolutely hooked, so much so, that I wonder if I could make a living selling these things, or maybe running tours on the beach. Whadya think?

Jersey Girl in the Capitol
Old 05-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #120
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Hi everyone,

I'm a new owner of a used red i180. I live in San Jose and plan on commuting with the assist of light-rail every day. Twice now I've made the entire trip home gliding! 1 1/2 hours but very fun.

I look forward to meeting all of you.

jeff
Closed Thread