SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:15 AM   #11
AccuXperT
AccuXperT is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
Wonderful work, well done
Thank you, Amimoto, that is very kind of you!
AccuXperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:54 AM   #12
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccuXperT View Post
Thank you, Amimoto, that is very kind of you!

I haven't been working on Segway for a long while now, I mainly dealing with electric cars now. It's so good that you are developing such a professional battery diagnostics equipment for Segway, I can see this is a superb product.

Btw your rapid charger for Segway is wonderful too, excellent for fully booked city tour turnarounds.

- Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #13
AccuXperT
AccuXperT is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
Btw your rapid charger for Segway is wonderful too, excellent for fully booked city tour turnarounds.
I have successfully used this fast-charging method for several years. The Segway is recharged in only 2 hours, so I can do several trips a day. In this case, a shortening of the battery life is neither to be determined nor expected, since the charging currents lie within the specifications.

There are currently 4 methods to adapt the fast charging technology to the Segway batteries:

1.) The batteries are dismantled for charging (similar to the off-board charger)
2.) The charging jacks are installed directly into the batteries (opening the batteries required)
3.) Two charging jacks are installed directly into the back of the Segway base (opening the base and drilling necessary)
4.) The two charging jacks are installed in the charging socket of the Segway. The connections are then led to the base and placed from above on the contacts of the battery pack (soldered)

The simplest method, of course, is 1.) which has the disadvantage that the batteries have to be constantly remounted.
I personally would install the charging sockets directly into the Segway. However, this affects the guarantee of the Segways and, of course, this is not everyone's cause since some special knowledge is necessary.

As an example, I show my solution (above method 2), where the charging jacks were installed directly into my 9,0 Ah-battery (with a screw fuse, a wattmeter and a switch for the wattmeter):

My rapid charging setup with OEM off-board charger and a current of 3.16 A - the Segway is ready for use again after 2 hours:

Schnelllade-Setup mit eigenem Off-Board-Charger und einem Ladestrom von 3,16A - klein - P1070313.JPG

After a test ride with my Segway XT and my 9,0 Ah-batteries: Range of 42 km and an actually usable capacity of 8.303 Ah:

Testfahrt mit Segway-XT: Auf 42 km und einer tatsächlich nutzbaren Kapazität von 8,303Ah - klein.JPG

Detection accuracy: Precision DVM (accuracy +/- 0.05%) compared with the built-in Watt meter:

Ermittlung Genauigkeit: Präzisions-DVM im Vergleich mit Wattmeter - klein.JPG

By the way, the cells are also balanced to the charging end in the fast charging process. The OEM chargers operate according to the CCCV charging method for lithium-batteries, reducing the current to the charging end.
AccuXperT is offline   Reply With Quote