SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
scotty1024
scotty1024 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Lightbulb ADA transit mode infokey kit idea

I don't know if Segway lurks here or if anyone here knows how to pump ideas into Segway...

But what I'd really really like for my i2 would be a wireless info key with Mr. Turtle replaced with a little ADA wheelchair icon.

When in that mode the i2 would be in old almost dead turtle mode. It would still assist you in loading it but would not move at a pace anyone would find threatening to their physical safety. And you could show the infokey to the driver prior to loading: see its in ADA transit mode.

My thinking is that this would be possible as a firmware update with new infokey. Just a Dealer visit and fork over some $$$ or purchase as-new with an i2/x2. Maybe they even toss in an ADA decal or two as part of the kit.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Moebius

Question Firmware update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
I don't know if Segway lurks here or if anyone here knows how to pump ideas into Segway...

But what I'd really really like for my i2 would be a wireless info key with Mr. Turtle replaced with a little ADA wheelchair icon.

When in that mode the i2 would be in old almost dead turtle mode. It would still assist you in loading it but would not move at a pace anyone would find threatening to their physical safety. And you could show the infokey to the driver prior to loading: see its in ADA transit mode.

My thinking is that this would be possible as a firmware update with new infokey. Just a Dealer visit and fork over some $$$ or purchase as-new with an i2/x2. Maybe they even toss in an ADA decal or two as part of the kit.
Not sure it could be a firmware update for the infokey. The LCD seems to only display a fixed set of symbols. When I start mine up, the all light up, so that tells me that it's "hard wired", so to speak.

My two cents delivered.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
scotty1024
scotty1024 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
Not sure it could be a firmware update for the infokey.
I was thinking firmware update for the Segway and some $$$ out of pocket for the new infokey(s). I'd rather buy new infokey(s) than a whole new Segway though.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
Moebius

Red face Infokey only?

Logically, I would think it would only be an infokey replacement since that's the only display on the Segway. I'm sure the signaling between the key and the base would be the same, just a display difference.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Not really certain what you're trying to accomplish with the icon change, but you can already reduce the top speed of the Turtle mode to as low as 4 mph (just -slightly- faster than the average person walks).

It's a user definable setting.

See this; http://segway.com/downloads/pdfs/Ref...Supplement.pdf

Tags
ada, bus, infokey, train, transit