SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:51 PM   #11
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Thumbs up

Awesome !

Be Big,
Alan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphish View Post
I'm suddenly reminded of a weed-whacker. Except instead of a thin nylon cord cutting plants, you'd have a thick metal chain bashing shins.

Brings up images that would fit in MAD Max 8!

Apparently, segging is not for wimps!

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #13
Dennis Tracey
Dennis Tracey is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Gen 1 with Dualies

I would like to try the plow with four tires on a HT 180. Perhaps not as effective as an XT...
Dennis Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:49 AM   #14
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Awesome. Would make a great U-Tube Video.

SEGsby
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #15
GadgetmanKen
GadgetmanKen will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Brilliant idea. Can't wait to see the video. I have gotten stuck twice in the snow three times in the last week. All three in my driveway. We've had two snow storms and I got stuck trying to rock my car back and forth from my driveway parking spot. We have one of those concrete parking curbs at the side of my drive. Guess what I did, I rocked it right over the curb and BANG ! bottomed out on the underside on the frame. DOOH! Did I feel stupid.
I spent four hours digging around my car and jacking up each wheel incrementally to raise them at or above the curb. Then it came off easily. Then I immediately got it stuck again in the driveway. Man I've had enough of the snow already.... Just glad I don't live in New York! They got the worst of our storm. OH, did I mention my back is killing me......
Old 02-19-2007, 01:27 PM   #16
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default specialized treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetmanKen View Post
OH, did I mention my back is killing me......
There is a remedy. Take two tickets to California and arrive in the morning! OPTA - If symptoms persist, pick up a polo mallet and chase around the field with the rest of the maniacs trying to hit the small nerf ball!!

8^) 8^) 8^)

ps - Good luck trying to get your doc to write a perscription for this...
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:34 AM   #17
DRJ321
DRJ321 is on a distinguished road

Default Segway snow plow mounting brackets

Inquiry from TTU at AMARILLO, TEX

At some time in the past, someone sent me a couple of blank, aluminum, semi-circular mounting plates which were used to attach the SEGSEAT Upright Support Post for the flip Up/Down SEAT which was being marketed. The plates utilized three (3) smaller mounting screws to fasten the plate to the inside of the platform uprights - above the rubber mats.

At a later date, I also got a .250", flame cut, steel mounting plate which were used for attachment of an Adjustable Snow Plow to a BIG TIRE GEN II.

The plates were mounted to four (4) of the Larger Dia. TRANSMISSION BOLTS on the Bottom Side of the platform for a more robust/stronger foundation.
As I recall, the Mounting Plate had a HOOK for QD so the BLADE ADJUSTING FRAME/fabricated base could be attached/detached quickly.

I would like to get dimensions for the Hole Centers, sizes, photos and any other specs from a shop drawing if you might have them.

I have retired and moved to VERMONT to be near family but I still work with CAD and Mentoring HS pre-engineering students (at least I was doing that prior to this COVID Mess.)

At any rate, Happy 2022 to you and yours
DRJ321 is offline   Reply With Quote