View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joushou View Post
I'm not sure i understand where they go... Do they replace the whole thing, or do you pull the red emblem out of the silver plastic ring somehow, and mount it there?

I already fitted the ring with LED's, but they're not all that powerful (And i'm having trouble with the dealer of the 100W LED's i talked about some time ago), so any addition to that light would be nice... And i don't like the Segway light that much (Especially because of the battery... And the 5V smps i threw together isn't stable enough to pass it's "full battery check" (That flash it does at start), so it won't light up fully through my LiPoly packs...)...
You just pull out the the plastic trim piece, and pop it in. I suppose you might be able to separate out the red emblem (I think you'd have to cut) and stick the trim back in for a neater appearance. There is a bit of a gap -- I fill that with permeable irrigation hose, but the magnet doesn't work for me because of the plastic aligner that keeps it from getting back far enough to magnetically attach. I don't think it's really necessary to do more than pop out the trim piece, turn on the light, and pop it in. It's not like anyone will notice the absence of trim around a bright light at night!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote