Thread: Given a Segway
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 09:09 PM   #46
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Great video, as always

Yes, picking up and loading an I2 (and tying it down once it's loaded) can be a bit difficult. The solution is a set of Seg cargo bars. Makes picking it up really easy and gives you something to attach straps to so you can tie it down

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Segway-Carg...UAAOSwL9talr~G - I wouldn't pay that much for them though - Shop around! I've bought 2 pairs in the past for that much $$$

X2's have "big under-inflated tires" - Just 4 to 5 psi in them

The used batteries are doing great, but I suspect only 3 bars in 10 miles is probably due to a calibration error, especially since you're using a brand new InfoKey. The process to recalibrate the battery gauge is given in the Seg literature. Basically, you ride it until it starts to slow down, then rest it against a wall in the Ready mode until it shuts itself off, then recharge it fully. A new set of batteries should be good for roughly 24 miles . . . . your old batteries maybe 15 to 20, so 10 miles should be about half on the battery gauge rather than just 3 bars

I'm really glad the batteries are working so well for you - I'm always a bit hesitant selling anyone used stuff, especially expensive used stuff. You always want whatever it is to be a good deal for whoever buys it

Don

Last edited by Don M; 03-18-2018 at 09:24 PM..
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote