Thread: Helmets?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 10:37 AM   #9
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Don't get me wrong: I don't advocate mandatory helmet laws. I'm from New Hampshire; you know, 'Live Free or Die', and all that. We have no helmet or seatbelt laws for adults and that's just fine by me. I don't give a hoot what others do, but I'd like to know that they are aware of their risks and have made a thoughtful decision over their available options. There are times when I like to feel the wind in my hair and I don't want an oppresive government telling me I can't. But there are a lot of do-gooders out there who think otherwise. (This topic is regularly beaten to death at rec.bicycles.soc, home of the 'Helmet Wars'.)

Mandatory helmet usage for Segway would probably render the product DOA. Go back to the SegwayChat home page and take a look at the photo of a helmeted DK. Not the image they would want to promote.

JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote