View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #4
Doomsday
Doomsday is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Yes, I do wear all the safety gear. I have put about 6+ miles on mine so far but that is all in my driveway and inside my house. I am fine riding it inside. smooth surfaces don't bother me at all and are easy. It's riding on uneven surfaces and all the little bumps that freak me out. Not nearly as bad now but I also don't get to ride it as much as I would like.

Personally, though, I have found some issues that are unique to me. While I would love to say my balance is great, it certainly is not. Due to my stroke several years ago my left side is much weaker than my right and throw in drop foot on that side also and it is awkward to walk. Now with that said, standing on the mini feels fine. I can easily sit in one place balanced. The issue I noticed, If im going at least 4-5 miles per hour or more, turning to my right is easy, my right knee bends and I easily lean into the turn. Doing the same to the left though is not as good. I can't seem to lean into the turn nearly as well which can make me "feel" like im going to get flung off. So I have learned if turning left to slow down and ease into it.

Overall, while it's fun, I do not think this is going to work as a last-mile solution for me due to not really being able to secure it at your destination. The handlebars make it so much easier to ride but also makes it awkward in trying to take it inside when you have to push it in and of course it makes it have a much bigger footprint. Still, it can be fun for riding around walking paths and such.
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote