View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #4
JPTL
JPTL is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpond View Post
If you search the archives of this forum there is a mine of information!

40V is a decent terminal voltage but you'll probably find they are still useless under load given the years of neglect.

MTO Battery is your friend in this situation. They will rebuild a set of NiMH batteries for around $700.
Thanks Bigpond. Getting these Segways has forced me to learn more about NiMH battery characteristics and how time in a deeply discharged state is their enemy.
I did speak with Jason at MTO, and consistent with what everyone says in this forum, MTO seems to be a knowledgeable and professional company, and one of the only options for guaranteed NiMH battery rebuilding here in the states.
Considering that I have no way to test the working condition of these Segways, having the batteries rebuilt would be a gamble.
I suppose it's just a matter of economics at this point. Is an i167 with a set of new, guaranteed batteries worth $660?
On a somewhat related topic, does anybody know what the software update for the HT is for? I think I read somewhere that it was so that they'd be compatible with lithium batteries. Can anyone confirm?
JPTL is offline   Reply With Quote