Thread: Hi All
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucarmy View Post
Hey there I just inherited an i2 with bad batteries and am looking for direction on getting it up and running. I already have two Segway MiniPros and 5 electric unicycles. I am hoping to bring this monster back to life without spending a fortune! I look forward to interacting with the group!
Welcome! I also recently picked up an i2 SE after my son got a MiniLite for Christmas... I couldn't let him have all the fun!

You'll get it up and going in short order. I saw your other thread and hope the original owner finds the Infokey for you quickly. That'll be the biggest challenge - otherwise replacing a lost Infokey will require a call to Segway headquarters to verify ownership. As long as the original owner can vouch for it, you'll be fine.

As for the battery issues - I mentioned in the other thread to reach out to MTO Battery here; he can give you better advice. We also have a member, Don M, who's selling a set of batteries for $500 that would fit your machine perfectly. I had thought about picking them up as a spare set but right now mine are just fine - if/when I have a problem, I'll deal with it then....

Have you ridden a Segway (not the mini pro) before? They're a blast - a bit different than a mini pro or unicycle; certainly get a lot more stares from people out and about. You'll get tired of being called Paul Blart too, but that comes with the territory. :-)

Good luck and you'll have it up and going in no time - can't wait to see some photos of it, sounds like a fantastic unit you just inherited!
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote