View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 02:15 PM   #4
sorka
sorka is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
Well, that sounds pretty terrible, but not much like gear noise. Possibly destroyed bearing noises, but this seems unlikely. It would require the same “zero miles” failure in two separate gearbox units. It does sound like the crunchy noises of packaging materials, but if not, then this is a warranty problem... if you got a warranty.

Which brings me to the question of why a dealer would not charge batteries every three months, as they are supposed to do. This makes me wonder about the dealer.
It would require the same zero mile failure on FOUR gearboxes. The gearbox on each side on both segways does exactly the same thing. If you lift a side and move the wheels(all four wheels) back and fourth, they all make the identical clunking sound.

The units were registered in my name and I confirmed the validity of the serial numbers with Julie at Segway prior to purchasing them from the dealer.

The dealer that went out of business had 28 units that had never been opened and they just sat there for 3 years sealed in their boxes after going out of business.

And before anyone asks, it's not the wheel lugs. I checked them and they're tight on all 4 wheels.
sorka is offline   Reply With Quote