View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 11:47 PM   #133
ded4hour
ded4hour is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Question Clarification to prior posts on Gen1 red light

This is my first post to the site so please let me know if I need to be following a different protocol.

I have, I think a Gen1 unit with NiMHD batteries 2x36 volt batteries.
I have serial number and a model number, is there a way to look up the unit with this information.
Model 1680400008

I loaned the unit for 2-3 months at which time it was wrecked, not major but steering shaft needed to be removed and reconnected, including disconnecting the wiring connectors.

Charged the unit but was only able to ride about a block then lights would turn to red and stop. I do not think there were any error codes. Tried to charge the unit and got same result.

After doing this sequence 3-4 times it would then go from green light to red almost immediately.

I removed the batteries today and wondered if there is a way to test the batteries?

Also the thread included the following"
" resoldered the battery connectors of the CU boards, booth, still fail, same way. swap the CU boards"

Could someone help with:
- "resoldered the battery connectors of the CU boards, booth"
Are the boards located under the floor panel?
Any specific guidelines for removing the panel?
What is the "booth"?

I will go ahead and try to swap the batteries and clean the connectors (any suggestion on the solvent to use for cleaning) but wanted to see if any procedure for testing the batteries before I reinstall.
ded4hour is offline   Reply With Quote