Thread: odd gear noises
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #14
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I have ridden many machines, and they all have their own sound... Unfortunately, I am at work and cannot listen to any recording...

Normal gear slap will be most pronounced in shifts of direction, but with so much else happening, that may not be the easiest time to hear it...

Next most pronounced, would be while gliding in one direction, while leaning forward and then straight, forward and then straight... Kind of like what you would feel if you pumped the accelerator in your car the way you might pump the brake pedal...

Normal gear slap will be easiest to hear if you are 'on' forward, then 'off' forward, then 'on' ... you get my message. This is not because there is more slap, but because there is less everything else...

If you truely had a problem, it should manifest itself more aggressively as you glide more aggressively. If the gears are not meshing properly, that will only be worse at high speeds... Harder to hear, but more important, and surely able to be felt.

You very well may have a problem, I am just trying to give a bit of context to this issue...

I would do my best to pay very particular attention to another machine, and compare them side by side. While each machine has a different sound, broken surely acts and sounds different than not broken...

Good luck with this...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote