View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 05:33 PM   #8
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbogo View Post
Hey all...

I've been on the sidelines for a few years... but with the rise of the various e-Scooters and NineBot/Segway starting to ramp down the balancing scooter business in favor of the smaller "Mini Segway" the time for closed-source solutions is coming to an end.

Felix, I know that you've put a lot of work into your battery analyzer, and I think it's going to be a great one-stop device for people who want something that "just works!"

The Segway original, i2, x2 market is small, and we need more general purpose and inexpensive tools to let people quickly diagnose their cells, and to let people build compatible cells using Li-Fe batteries ( and if they are so inclined, the more dangerous but more power dense Li-Ion cobalt cells. )

For people who are curious about the I2C protocols and how to communicate with the battery for DIY solutions, or to make projects on the Arduino and with a Raspberry Pi board... I'm going to release an open-source project on GitHub and a set of libraries to talk to the cells along with a BOM and Gerber files sometime in mid to late January.

Since I likewise independently spent the time to reverse engineer the battery I can choose how to proceed with what I've learned. I choose to give it away with an open source license and open source hardware to let others build on that knowledge.

Good luck! See you all in 2019. Code will be uploaded to:

https://www.github.com/martinbogo/i2...ry-diagnostics

Attachment 2576
Thank you!! And I, for one, can’t wait to see the bits. Ready to have some fun with this!
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote