View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #7
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
Always a possibility. Lots of people wear helmets and wrist guards on Mini Pros just in case.

I am sure it will look just like a full size segway crash.
I kinda doubt it. Crashes on Segway tours are fairly rare because they are so much easier to ride - They rent them to 65 and 70 year old customers . . . . I can't imagine that with Mino-Pros. It's a recipe for disaster if they try

2 hour Seg tours in most cities are $60 to $90 depending on what else is included. We paid $75 in Nashville and the tour included entrance to 3 museums. We were novices then and had never set foot on a Seg and our tour guide was excellent!! She made sure we didn't ever get into a situation that might result in a dismount. Helmets are mandatory on every tour we've seen

I would guess Mini-Pro 'incidents' might be described as 'crashes' some quite possibly with injuries, whereas most Seg incidents would be better described as 'dismounts' where the operator doesn't always wind up on the ground. I think the odds of a face plant would be much greater on a Mini just because of the difference in the machines

Anyway, good luck to them with the Mini tours - I hope they make enough money to cover their insurance payments!

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote