View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #13
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
Personally, I thought the "Portland - OR" on the second image was perhaps a clue.
I asked my wife, who is the arbiter of all things, to look at that 2nd image on my computer, I use a 2nd screen off my laptop, and the screen is a 19 inch (Diag) monitor. The image in question was not clear enough to see the "OR" clearly, and my wife told me to enlarge it.

I did, but it still was not that clear, but now that I know it is OR, it is readable, pretty much. If you told me it was an 'OK' I would have also agreed.

Still, that billboard mentioned Bridgeport Ales, and I did go to school at the University of Bridgeport, which is in Connecticut, so the topic is clear as mud.

I did a google search for Bridgeport Ale and it is sold in 18 states. I did another search, and found that 14 states have a town called Portland. (I suspect even more have a Bridegeport)

Interestingly, Cape Portland, Tasmania made a top of the list showing when I asked for data on Portland.

All this goes to show that if you don't want to be found, it is a safe bet to use your city name, and not the state it is in...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote