View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #6
fabricGator
fabricGator is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
Front to rear swapping is ok. Either removing the batteries or putting the Seg on a charge schedule during mothballing is necessary to preserve the batteries.

If they get to low, the Segway or stand alone charger will not attempt a recharge. They might still be recoverable with a device from DGBINT, on this forum.
Again Civicsman, thank you. I do so appreciate any information that I can collect. It is kinda my thing. I am a super curious 53 year old 'kid' always have been.

I have some Odyssey Pure Lead / dry cell marine batteries (think Optima or AGM type) that have fantastic performance, but require a special charge profile to get the most out of them. When deep discharged, you need to parallel a charged battery for a while to get the charger to start working. And of course, it is not ideal to let the get that deep, but it does happen sometimes.

Now, my Odyssey's do not have a diode, capacitor, nor IC chip in them. I do see Lipo4 batteries making their way into the motorcycle, auto and experimental aviation markets. They got brains in them...
fabricGator is offline   Reply With Quote