View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 01:53 AM   #10
fabricGator
fabricGator is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
More iPhones are made in one day than Segway has sold since the beginning.

Thus, a LOT more people work on hacking/jailbreaking phones than will ever do so for the exceptionally low-volume Segs.

Having been following this forum since 2005, I really can't think of anyone who has done any hacking on the Segway operating software, and/or battery management systems. Felix Fetche has done some recent good work with battery monitoring, but it sounds like you're looking for an implementation of an I2/X2 switch. I don't know of anyone who has changed operating characteristics, or anything like that. Perhaps someone who was an insider, back when Segway expressed interest in individual customers, has different information.

The possibility of great commercial success, as envisioned by Dean Kamen, evaporated a LONG, LONG time ago.
Thank you for your input and speculation.

I have many undeveloped product and business iterations. I can imagine that getting his 'baby' to market, and actually getting as far and successful as he was, Dean had / has a great product, that eventually became his demise. I have always been intrigued by the PT. I lost track of them over the years and then something peaks my interest again. I remember that I desire one. Hopefully some day soon, I have a few extra dollars, time and planets align and a good condition vehicle becomes available for me.

I am confident that this will happen, I am making it happen just by joining this forum.

Cheers!

Anyone, please let me know if I can have your previously loved and now 'out of fashion' PT that is taking space in your storage area...
fabricGator is offline   Reply With Quote