View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 01:31 PM   #2
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

I know nothing about the Airwheel S3, apart from the fact that it is an obvious close copy of Segway products. The last time I heard, Segway was vigorously pursuing patent violation claims against a number of companies. The Airwheel S3 might well violate the original two-wheeled self-balance patents and the more recent LeanSteer patents. If Airwheel is violating Segway patents, there is a real possibility that sales in the US may be stopped. Without sales, where would you get service and parts?

Also, do Airwheels have completely redundant batteries/control systems, as do the i2/x2 Segway machines? Such systems prevent face plants if something fails, but they cost more. Since it weighs less, this suggests that the SoloWheel might not have the structural strength of a Seg, which is pretty bulletproof.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote