View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #8
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I do not disagree with most of what you said, in fact, I agree with most.

But the one thing that is true, those in the riots are not damaging their own. They are burning that which does not belong to themselves. The neighborhoods they burn they may live in, but they rent or in government housing. They spoil their neighborhood, but only because someone else will pay to repair their damage.

When much younger, my company had a need in Syracuse NY, so I moved there. On one of my first days there, while still in a downtown hotel, someone keyed my new car. (It was a few weeks old at the time.)

They did not stick around to see my anger. They did not steal the car. They did not even break into it. They just tried to spoil it. (it was a single scrape from one bumper to the other along the passenger side. Simply walked the length of the car doing damage and they kept walking. And it was not someone who knew or disliked me, as I was not in town long enough to have made any enemies or friends yet. (This is where at least one of two or three names I have in my head are debating to themselves how it takes so little time to develop a dislike for me that I cannot be sure of this...)

The other tiny fault I see with Rolacoy's comment is that there are still lots of things that are wrong. I think I understand his comment to mean however that nothing is unacceptable behavior anymore. Things that people in the past would be ashamed to be associated with, or too embarrassed to do, are now done regularly, and there is no shame left.

Feeling shame is not a bad thing. It keeps us standing straight, and doing the right thing. Not feeling it is a bad thing. It allows us to do bad or evil or selfish things, and not suffer any consequence.

I have news for many who do not seem to know it now. What goes around will come around. Just because you get away with it does not mean it was okay, and just because people are too self consumed or afraid to hold you accountable, does not mean that the final reckoning or when the final tally is made, or that morality does not mean anything. It just means that people are not as strong as they once were. Wrong is wrong. Good and evil do exist. And like it or not, we all have to choose sides, regularly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.