View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 04:02 AM   #5
Timezkware Tim
Timezkware Tim will become famous soon enoughTimezkware Tim will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

What's acceptable isn't a "discussion" with the mod or anyone else. What's acceptable is outlined in the ToS. If the subject matter of a post is so ambiguous that one cannot determine whether the post is a personal attack or not, or whether the post contained sexual content or not, hten the post was not typed in English.

Moderating a MB is a lot simpler than all of that. If a poster follows the ToS. he/she should be able to post whatever they want. That's it. The terms of the ToS aren't negotiable. Either people folow the rules or they don't.

Honestly, polo, I don't understand why this isn't as easy for you to see as it is me. I'm not being facetios. I don't really undestand your issue. I've been on MBs for years without any Moderation issues as long as people folow the ToS. A slong as the Tos is written and followed clearly, there will never be a problem.

Oh, and once again, you have ignored my advice about polls on smaller, specialty websites such as SC. The 20 or so people who bothered to respond to your poll tell you absolutely nothing. It's the opinion of (a few) people who respond to polls, not people who post on MBs. There could very easily be 60 people who would have voted completely different from the respondants above, but since most people lurk polls and don't vote, you'll never know. Poll results from 20 people, when you are trying to see how hundreds feel, are meaningless.

Unless you can site an example where a poster followed the ToS, and was unjustly moderated or banned, I don't see a problem.

Websites of this size will never get more than 30 people to vote in any given poll, even if you mailed them a free lunch. If you want to see a poll that works, go to a news or sports site that will get a few thousand respondents, not 20. In the meantime, this is a moot point.

Tim