View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 12:03 AM   #10
SF Segway Tours
SF Segway Tours is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default No hidden agendas - give us a minute to open!

"I think that the last thing we need is another site with a hidden agenda which passes itself off as providing objective evaluations of Segway tour companies"

Bob Velke
SegTours, LLC

Dear Bob -
Sorry you think we are trying to deceive the public or have a hidden agenda. Our site has been up and running for less than 2 weeks - And it's designed to promote and make it easy to book a Segway Tour.

I too dislike the "Authorized Tour" label used by Segway Inc as our tour operations are not tied to a dealership.

On our other 25 US market travel sites we clearly feature guest reviews and rank products by sales popularity and guest ratings. Both these customer based review / feedback tools are part of Segwaysightseeing.com and will be more apparent as sales are booked. We have to start with some companies in the mix or we would never generate sales or reviews.

Commissions for sales are pretty standard in the travel business and shouldn't be a big surprise to the traveling buying public. This is a business venture and not a hobby! To be clear - No tour operator paid to be included in the site. We selected some companies that I have personally met through running our San Francisco operation since 2004. Other international operations were highly recommend by mutual business acquaintances. In the end the customers will have there say.

I hear you run an excellent operation and wish you the best for this upcoming summer season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Segway Tours Worldwide - Directory of Segway Tours

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow Us on Facebook

SF Segway Tours is offline   Reply With Quote