Thread: New minipro!
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 06:54 PM   #15
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Since we are talking about it, lets not forget about my e-167. It was a gen one segway that would balance if you were on it or not. It 'self parked' while on.

I loved it, and would still have it had it been a gen 2 unit. (I had both at one point, and the lean steer won out over the riderless balance feature.)

A standard segway, of the original design factor with a central upright or a lean steer, will stay in balance mode for a short while after you get off, but because of the handlebar shaft being mounted forward of center, it will lean forward and drive forward on its own.

However, it has a 10 foot 'leash' and will not glide farther than that with no rider sensors depressed, and shut down.

This way, if you step off the segway, it will not immediately shut down and fall on you. Instead, it will glide away a short distance, and fall on its own.

Of course, these are the old rules. The newer units will likely do other things, I am not familiar with...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote