View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 10:52 AM   #20
Steve807
Steve807 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway is over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobOh View Post
Well... I made it to the end, too. After posting my previous reply to the thread (and noting I really wanted to pick up a used but good condition i2) as of a few days ago I am now officially a Segway i2 owner once again. The first full-sized Segway I’ve owned in maybe a dozen years was delivered to my doorstep with only 300 miles on the unit and I’ve spent the past few days turning the next generation of O’Sullivans on to the majesty and glory that is Segging. I really am glad to own an i2 again... I’ve dreamed of this moment and now it’s finally come true just as Segway stops production. I was an early adopter at the very beginning with a Gen1 (and SegwayFest 2003!), then an i180, then an original i2... and now the loop closes with my second i2. Bittersweet but now I can glide again happily for years to come.

Big shoutout to Steve807, thanks for getting me rolling again. Thanks for getting my girl excited about the technology, too. So glad to be in this moment, no matter how bittersweet it is.

I sure am glad it found a new home.

I got into Segway kind of late in the game.

I rode my first Segway at a local mountain resort in 2013 and immediately fell in love with it. Loved it so much I went the next weekend and rented one again.

Here is a picture of me enjoying my first ever Segway ride at the mountain resort. I’m the one with the grin on the far right.

Bought one soon after at a nearby Segway store. Sadly that store was gone just a few short years later.

I remember when I first rode one I was amazed. It felt like an extension of my own body. So much fun.

After buying my Segway I soon bought the book Code Named Ginger. I devoured the book and enjoyed reading it but was a little disappointed in the ending. I really wanted to see Segway become the transportation revolution it was originally envisioned to be.

I thought the full sized Segway was an amazing product. But after a few years I realized the sidewalks in my area were just not suitable for Segways. Too many upturned sidewalks from tree roots and no maintenance. It made for a very rough ride and there were just too many cars on the streets to feel like I could ride safely.

So I wanted to find a good home for it where it would be taken good care of and enjoyed.

So glad it found the perfect home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Steve807; 04-08-2021 at 10:58 AM..
Steve807 is offline   Reply With Quote