View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #16
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

I am also happy to have a new supply for i167/i180/I2/X2 transporter parts.

I do wonder why a company took the time to design new products, purchase tooling, perform product testing, and set up an automated line... for replacement parts for discontinued products, which sold perhaps 140,000-150,000 units over 18-19 years. How many customers are looking for replacement batteries? I would like to understand YanYang's business model. Either the market is much larger than I think, or perhaps it's my failure to understand how inexpensive it must be to do such things in China.

However, I think it is wise to have one's technical ducks in a row if you are going to advertise on a site with Segway-knowledgeable people. Technical questions are certain to arise.
\
Regarding original BMS boards, is there a shortage? There are no new ones, I think, but every dead Segway battery has a BMS, and it is far more likely that the lithium-ion cell(s) failed, not the BMS.

If you have an original Segway battery with a bad BMS, would a third-party replacement board even work properly with the original lithium-ion cells, or with whatever unspecified replacement cells someone might choose?

Personally, knowing how much energy there is in a Segway battery, I would want to be VERY sure the BMS is doing the right thing.

Maybe MTO Battery could comment on these products!

Last edited by Civicsman; 03-24-2021 at 02:21 PM..
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote