Thread: Segway Lifts
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 10:51 PM   #3
OPMD
OPMD is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

If you aren't able do any modifications then the only one I can think of is the Segway PT Carrier:

http://www.segwayofcentralflorida.co...ay-Carrier.php

Do you have any tools and ability to modify any other lift?

I have had multiple lifts that I have added a wooden wedge platform angled to support the Segway under the batteries. I also added ratchet straps to clamp it down across the foot pads. A rope is used to hold the lean steer from banging side to side.

I used a table saw to cut the wood ( A hand held power saw would work. A hand saw would too ) for the mounting platform which I screwed together and then had to drill holes in the lift to mount it and to mount the ratchet straps. Accuracy isn't too important for most of the work. You have to do a little planning to place the platform and straps.

I'm cheap so I buy used lifts. The one on the back of my truck I bought for $75. The 2" hitch adapter cost $125 from the dealer. :-(

When my wife and I travel longer distances we use her older Toyota Avalon. Small cars can't take the weight of the lift and Segway hanging off of the back. I discovered the Bruno Chariot and after looking for one for about a year I found one about 400 miles away. It took some effort but it cost me only $800 instead of $3000.

I modified it the same way I explained above. It is a great way to carry behind a small car. It has swivel wheels so backing it is easy. The way it is designed it only puts around 20 lbs. of tongue weight on the car hitch.

If you want any other details let me know.

Jeff
OPMD is offline   Reply With Quote